Was Tiger in a Jeep?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
As many of you probably know by now, Tiger Woods was in a single vehicle accident this morning. Turns out it was just up the hill about a mile from the road that runs along my backyard. I drove down the same route last night coming home from dinner in my JLUR. The road at that point is fairly steep and you can get going pretty fast very easily. The speed limit is 45 mph, but not many people go that slow. Not uncommon for the flow of traffic to be about 55-60 mph at this point. I think it's pretty easy to maintain control of my jeep at those speeds on this road. So, I would speculate that his speed was at or above that range.

Anyone know what he was driving?
Sponsored

Lab1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting Gray, '20 M340i
As many of you probably know by now, Tiger Woods was in a single vehicle accident this morning. Turns out it was just up the hill about a mile from the road that runs along my backyard. I drove down the same route last night coming home from dinner in my JLUR. The road at that point is fairly steep and you can get going pretty fast very easily. The speed limit is 45 mph, but not many people go that slow. Not uncommon for the flow of traffic to be about 55-60 mph at this point. I think it's pretty easy to maintain control of my jeep at those speeds on this road. So, I would speculate that his speed was at or above that range.

Anyone know what he was driving?
Since it was a Genesis Open courtesy vehicle, I would guess it was a Genesis GV80- new SUV for 2021. Looks a lot like it in the pic of the scene as well. Hope he’s ok but it doesn’t look good for his career on the course.

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Why would someone with his money even drive unless it was a pure pleasure drive in a exotic vehicle?

Lab1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting Gray, '20 M340i
Why would someone with his money even drive unless it was a pure pleasure drive in a exotic vehicle?
True- I just hope it wasn’t due to his painkillers from the recent back surgery or some other issue like that. My guess is that he was screwing with his phone and went off track.

Sponsored

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I drove up the road to the crash site. Still a zoo up there were news and papparazzi.

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Since it was a Genesis Open courtesy vehicle, I would guess it was a Genesis GV80- new SUV for 2021. Looks a lot like it in the pic of the scene as well. Hope he’s ok but it doesn’t look good for his career on the course.
He'd have been better off in a JL.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Tiger has had a history of car crashes.
Also doing hard drugs and driving don't go hand in hand.
Sponsored