Was my engine overfilled? (Pics)

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I wished I'd saved the picture but when I checked my stick after a few months from the oil change it was an inch past that. I dropped 7 quarts out when i proceeded to change it myself.
I think the dealers just count off seconds while the oil flows in. wtf?
at 7 quarts that oil must have been whipped more then a milkshake
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
at 7 quarts that oil must have been whipped more then a milkshake
Lol, I'd love to see the dip stick. If not, I'd bet if he got at even a slight angle you'd see that.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
hey also want it to be done by a competent facility.
This part is incorrect. FCA allows you to do your own maintenance. It's advisable that you keep all the receipts from your fluid purchases, filters , etc. mainly so you can prove you did the work but it is not a requirement.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
This part is incorrect. FCA allows you to do your own maintenance. It's advisable that you keep all the receipts from your fluid purchases, filters , etc. mainly so you can prove you did the work but it is not a requirement.
The a-holes at my dealership never disclosed this information. The engine blew at 50k and they also charged me a $500 "warranty" fee to replace the engine. So what is factual versus what dealerships actually do, is a whole different story. @JeepCares "star care" or whatever they were called back in 2015 was none the more help.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The a-holes at my dealership never disclosed this information. The engine blew at 50k and they also charged me a $500 "warranty" fee to replace the engine. So what is factual versus what dealerships actually do, is a whole different story. @JeepCares "star care" or whatever they were called back in 2015 was none the more help.
That is flucked up man, these stealerships really can be pieces of crap. If you look at the owner's manual it even states in their you are allowed to do your own maintenance you just have to be able to prove you did it :/

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
So Shawn, . . . I gotta ask. You were just tooling along at the speed limit wherever, and the engine just "blew"?? Are we getting the whole story??

G.
Sponsored