Warranty voided for a spliced wire… WTH

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
How does a chewed wire void warranty if not fixed by an authorized dealer ?? So you mean to tell me that if OP jeep transmission or brakes or some sort of unrelated issue happens we just gonna blame it on that wire 🤣🤣🤣 these dealership are getting out of control with this bullshit of threatening a customer cause they are greedy!! Document all this and reach out to jeep directly, report this POS dealer and also try to reach out to a different dealer near by for a price quote to compare, dealers like this that provide shitty customer service that just want to rip people off should be addressed and looked into their practice by jeep @JeepCares your service is needed!!!
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is why hate CDJR dealers. I don't mean the fact that a wire chewed by a rodent isn’t covered by a warranty, but that they think thousands of dollars in repairs is an acceptable response, the lies they add to instill fear, and that they say it all with a straight face.

Owning a Jeep has become as ridiculous as a BMW...

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2022 JLU Sport S
For a counterpoint: I have installed a toggle switch in our Jeeps' wiring harnesses feeding the tail lights. Had one crimp that was less than perfect and it came loose one day, unknown to me. Took it to the dealer because the left brake light quit working, and I did not think to check that toggle switch and the wiring - they checked it out, and found the switch I had added, and found the loose wire. They called me to let me know what the issue was, and that it was not covered by warranty, and I agreed and told them I can fix it myself. Went to pick it up and the service writer said that the tech figured that he was in there already so he fixed the connection and they covered it under the warranty! That's why I drive 30 miles over a mountain to this dealer rather than 5 miles to the local dealer!

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
...Went to pick it up and the service writer said that the tech figured that he was in there already so he fixed the connection and they covered it under the warranty!
Holy crap! If Jeep finds out which dealer it is, they'll pull his Jeep contract!

Deleted member 59498

Can a dealer even void a factory warranty or a paid for extended warranty? Who gives them that power?

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
This is why hate CDJR dealers. I don't mean the fact that a wire chewed by a rodent isn’t covered by a warranty, but that they think thousands of dollars in repairs is an acceptable response, the lies they add to instill fear, and that they say it all with a straight face.

Owning a Jeep has become as ridiculous as a BMW...
Corporate mentality. The people driving these policies are nowhere near a dealership. Probably on a golf course somewhere.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
For a counterpoint: I have installed a toggle switch in our Jeeps' wiring harnesses feeding the tail lights. Had one crimp that was less than perfect and it came loose one day, unknown to me. Took it to the dealer because the left brake light quit working, and I did not think to check that toggle switch and the wiring - they checked it out, and found the switch I had added, and found the loose wire. They called me to let me know what the issue was, and that it was not covered by warranty, and I agreed and told them I can fix it myself. Went to pick it up and the service writer said that the tech figured that he was in there already so he fixed the connection and they covered it under the warranty! That's why I drive 30 miles over a mountain to this dealer rather than 5 miles to the local dealer!
I've met a good tech or 2 in my day. But they are never there the next time I go back...

Reactions: AFD

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If you are a good mechanic, you can make a better living at an independent shop that putting up with the grind at a franchised dealership.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If you are a good mechanic, you can make a better living at an independent shop that putting up with the grind at a franchised dealership.
And that’s with lower average costs the customers as well. Dealerships are bloated, significantly.

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Google Maps should have an option similar to the "Avoid Tolls" / "Avoid Highways" options

--> Avoid Jeep Dealers

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I had a dealership threaten to void the warranty on one of my JKs with an evap canister leak because I had scrapes on one of the rock rails and a control arm. The idiot service tech was astonished at the notion I took my Jeep with the word "Rubicon" affixed to the hood onto trails and other terrain that wasn't paved.

OP
OP
CalPolyDM

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares has not responded.

Will be filing a complaint with the OH attorney general… numerous concerns… #1 can they void the warranty for this issue… #2 the dealer has published rates, yet demands $800 for a 20 minutes repair, lots of legal issues with this one, regardless of the ability to void the warranty without using the exact dealer… #3 right to repair… #4 they charged me 1 hour for a determination that couldn’t have taken 10 minutes which could be billing fraud, similar to others who overbill, don’t recall anything that says they can round up to 1 hour increments regardless of time

… people have expressed due to all above, extortion, blackmail, usury, fraud, etc, etc…. I don’t know, but formal complaints are coming.
Sponsored