Sponsored

Warranty - Service Interval Exceded

Should FCA allow delayed scheduled maintenance due to COVID-19 dealer closures?

• Total voters

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
With the present situation where many business are being mandated closed what will happened to my warranty if I am unable to get my 2020 Jeep in at or before the scheduled maintenance interval? Will FCA allow an exception schedule in the manual in order for us to maintain our warranty?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

With the present situation where many business are being mandated closed what will happened to my warranty if I am unable to get my 2020 Jeep in at or before the scheduled maintenance interval? Will FCA allow an exception schedule in the manual in order for us to maintain our warranty?
If you are talking about the standard warranty, nothing will happen. There is nothing set in stone that says you must follow the exact maintenance schedules in the owner's manual. Your driving style and conditions will affect how often various maintenance items need to be performed. That being said, dealerships and auto repair shops are considered essential and are open for repair/service. Showrooms may be closed for new/used sales, but service is allowed to remain open.

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited -- 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible
My local jeep dealership emailed that they will come and get the jeep, do the oil change and return it all contact free. Since the Corona Virus only lives outside the body for hours just let the jeep sit for the rest of the day and you are good to go. Call your dealer, I am sure they do the same thing.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello Adventure.AS,
If you need to schedule a maintenance appointment and you are unfamiliar with the dealers in your area, we have provided a dealer locator link: https://www.jeep.com/find-dealer.html. If you need any additional assistance throughout that process, please know we are available privately.
Laura
JeepCares

My local jeep dealership emailed that they will come and get the jeep, do the oil change and return it all contact free. Since the Corona Virus only lives outside the body for hours just let the jeep sit for the rest of the day and you are good to go. Call your dealer, I am sure they do the same thing.
Hello Dadgummit,
We are happy to hear that your dealer is ready to assist even with the recent circumstances. Please let us know in the future if you need any additional assistance. Our team is available and happy to help!
Laura
JeepCares
Sponsored