OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
"B. MODIFICATIONS THAT WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTIES These actions will void your warranties: • Disconnecting, tampering with, or altering the odometer will void your warranties, unless your repairing technician follows the legal requirements for repairing or replacing odometers. • Attaching any device that disconnects the odometer will also void your warranties."

That is the ONLY statement in the warranty documentation that would void all warranty.
Whoever you talked to at the dealership is an idiot.
Actually, they showed me on their computer that all warranties were voided by the dealer that flagged it. The dealer in Abingdon, VA that flagged it is known for not knowing what they are doing...
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
From what my dealer has told me, the Dealership responsible for voiding every warranty is the Jeep dealer in Abingdon, VA (about a 30 minute drive from my house). That dealer is known for not knowing what they are doing, and it's entirely possible that they just flagged the Jeep inaccurately resulting in all of the warranties being voided...

My Jeep dealer is trying to get the other warranties reinstated, and it's my understanding that if I trade it in at a Jeep dealer, they can get it recertified and that will reinstate all warranties... I'm checking into what it would cost me to get that part done now...
What a pita. "That dealer is known for not knowing what they are doing" is a very common theme around here for Jeep dealers. Unfurtunately.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got off the phone with Chrysler Consumer Affairs and they told me the only person that could do anything about it was the local Area Manager or the Warranty Manager... The Area Manager has already said he won't lift the restrictions, now I'm going to reach out to the Warranty Manager and see what they say.

JeepCares responded that those two people are the only ones that can do anything with it... Grrr...

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I was just offered $54,500 trade-in on the Jeep by the same dealer that knows there isn't a warranty... Looks like I may be ordering a new Jeep for the wife...

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Well, I was just offered $54,500 trade-in on the Jeep by the same dealer that knows there isn't a warranty... Looks like I may be ordering a new Jeep for the wife...
Win. Good Luck. No one needs aggravation. Trade in, move up, move on.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yes but what problem does that solve? Then someone else has this Jeep being worked on by morons. Do we only care about the current poster? Why not future Jeep owners as well? The solution is simple. Put a lift kit on it and tell that dealer to eat shit.
First of all, trying to solve all problems for all possible future owners of this vehicle is a fools errand. We can deal only with the facts that the current owner faces.

Secondly, if he is trading in at a Jeep dealer, that dealer can package inspect the vehicle and reinstate the warranty and/or package it with a pre-owned warranty from Mopar or third party.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
First of all, trying to solve all problems for all possible future owners of this vehicle is a fools errand. We can deal only with the facts that the current owner faces.

Secondly, if he is trading in at a Jeep dealer, that dealer can package inspect the vehicle and reinstate the warranty and/or package it with a pre-owned warranty from Mopar or third party.
Unloading a problem onto someone else doesn’t fix anything.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Enjoy your 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited! Life’s too short to put up with this warranty nonsense any longer. Gracious.
you’re right, life is too short to give a flying fart about warranty.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Unloading a problem onto someone else doesn’t fix anything.
But you were the one that was a HUGE proponent that no one needs a warranty anyway, and dealerships are useless.....

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
But you were the one that was a HUGE proponent that no one needs a warranty anyway, and dealerships are useless.....
correct. Fix the problem. It is a machine. It can be repaired.

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Wow, nice!

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Tell them your lawyer has asked for something in writing about the warranty restriction, and what that means as far as coverage.

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Apparently the dealer that red flagged the warranty red flagged every warranty on the jeep so it no longer has any warranty of any kind including the powertrain warranty, corrosion warranty, etc. if we cannot get that reinstated I’m going to get rid of it.
That's just flat out contrary to the law.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act -- read it. Tell the dealer to read it. This dealer intimidation BS will only stop when people push back.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s the update...

sold the Jeep to the dealer for $54,500 (I paid $49,000 in March), ordered a 2022 - 2 Door Rubicon Tuscadero, 22R package w/steel bumper group, LED, cold weather group, body match top and fenders, 2.0L Turbo, Automatic Transmission, Tan Leather, mud tires, safety group, tow package, door sill protectors, 8.4 Uconnect, proximity locks, remote start...

see photo for the deal... the first dealer (Friendship) was about $6,700 higher than AutoNation (bottom line price)...

Jeep Wrangler JL Warranty Restriction on 2020 Rubi E029C8FB-8187-4FB7-9C9A-B036AAA71C85

Jeep Wrangler JL Warranty Restriction on 2020 Rubi 8229A7B4-5D41-42BC-9B44-27826727BF91

It's ordered...

Jeep Wrangler JL Warranty Restriction on 2020 Rubi Jeep 1
Sponsored

Last edited: