Warranty not honored

Eclektick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
2018 2.0l JLU, Canada, extended warranty.

Check engine light came on, into shop it goes. Diagnostic shows multiple battery related faults/errors, led to engine being flooded?? Service center saying not warrantable due to there being no warranty code they can associate to the issue and as such Jeep will not cover.

WTF did I spend $4k for an extended warranty if something as simple as “we can’t find a code to associate your problem too” can be used as an excuse not to cover it!?!

Any suggestions to escalate?
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker

Check engine light came on, into shop it goes. Diagnostic shows multiple battery related faults/errors, led to engine being flooded?? Service center saying not warrantable due to there being no warranty code they can associate to the issue and as such Jeep will not cover.

WTF did I spend $4k for an extended warranty if something as simple as “we can’t find a code to associate your problem too” can be used as an excuse not to cover it!?!

That's impossible, there is always a catch-all code they can use just in case no direct code would work.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
In order for the engine to be flooded there has to be a part failure. What part failed?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What are the terms of your extended warranty?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
In order for the engine to be flooded there has to be a part failure. What part failed?
Batteries are almost never covered by extended warranties, and the main cause of flooding on modern engines.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Then it's not a covered loss. That was easy.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase

Try contacting @JeepCares, I’ve seen them get involved with numerous other complaints. Good luck with all as well

OP
OP

Eclektick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
UPDATE: 45 mins long drawn out convo, in the end realized still under 3 yr 60k that DOES cover unexplained diagnostics, also found out my extended wouldn’t have (fight for another day). That said, they essentially have zero clue on what was causing the sensor to read dry and flood the engine and (lol) think it is a one time issue. That said, there is at least a record of it in their system so if this happens again (new model year, new engine, …Jeep, lol) there is precedence. Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Happy ending for today!

OP
OP

Eclektick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Also - batteries were tested and are fine so it was not a battery issue!

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
They must want you to drive it until it breaks then bring it in. ;)
Sponsored