Warranty issues...

EVILMR2

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep jl 2 dr rubicon
So I was having an issue like many post in here with screen issues on my 2019 Jeep Jeep JL Wrangler 8.4". One Is when I took this to the dealer to have multiple other issues repaired the dealer rejected doing it claiming its scratched, which is wrong it is still smooth as glass. I was advised that I contact Jeep directly based on someone finding threads on here that they would cover these types of repairs, similar photos. After finally getting a case manager days later to respond it was told to me that there were 10 to 15 different things that Jeep covers under delamination, and would assume what was described to be covered. After providing photos to Jeep I was told that the Account person to handle my issue was not able to do it but I needed to take photos for their manager for review. Over 2 weeks later after being told I would receive a call back at least twice during that time I didn't even get a call and just got the email rejecting the offer however stating if I wanted to pay for it out of pocket I could save the receipt in case there is a recall or extended warranty at a later time period. This comes of course directly after my bumper to bumper warranty is over which I made very clear to try to get covered prior to the end of that warranty. Needless to say I was in the market over the next 30 days for another vehicle which would more of likely likely then a is a new Wagoneer, however if this is how @JeepCares takes care of their $50k+car customers not even thinking about buying another Jeep at close to 100k. That would be the 5th one in last 20 years...

Extremely disappointed in Jeep as this car has been babied inside and nothing but water and microfiber used..

Jeep Wrangler JL Warranty issues... 20220402_131731
Jeep Wrangler JL Warranty issues... 20220402_131536
Jeep Wrangler JL Warranty issues... 20220402_131522
Jeep Wrangler JL Warranty issues... 20220402_131631
Sponsored

OP
OP

EVILMR2

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Btw just hit 16k miles.....

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Mine looked like that and was replaced under warranty after sending pictures to Jeep for approval.

OP
OP

EVILMR2

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I reached out to Jeep and they rejected it based on those photos do you know who you spoke with?

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I reached out to Jeep and they rejected it based on those photos do you know who you spoke with?
I didn't speak with anyone...my dealer sent pictures in for approval. You have lower mileage than me, I'd expect them to approve the replacement. Maybe try another dealer?

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Not an answer to your question, but I'm curious what other factors are in play here, such as the amount of time the top was off during those 16k miles, weather or conditions where you live (are you near an ocean), etc.?

We've got the 8.4" nav in my wife's GC and at 39k miles the screen looks brand new. We've also ordered it in our '22 Sahara Altitude, so want to make sure it doesn't end up looking like yours.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Not an answer to your question, but I'm curious what other factors are in play here, such as the amount of time the top was off during those 16k miles, weather or conditions where you live (are you near an ocean), etc.?

We've got the 8.4" nav in my wife's GC and at 39k miles the screen looks brand new. We've also ordered it in our '22 Sahara Altitude, so want to make sure it doesn't end up looking like yours.
It seems to be a fairly common thing occurrence based on other threads. I didn't even notice the issue on my radio until I happened to look at my screen from an odd angle. My top has not been off too much, is never left down for long periods of time, and I am not near the ocean. IMO, if it happened to mine, it is not environmental. Seems the best way to avoid it is to install a screen protector.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
IMHO… “Amount of time spent with top off” shouldn’t be a factor here. I obviously get how weather exposure can affect certain vehicle components, but the vehicle is designed to run topless. If inside the warranty period, it should be covered and fixed accordingly no questions asked.

OP
OP

EVILMR2

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine looked like that and was replaced under warranty after sending pictures to Jeep for approval.
IMHO… “Amount of time spent with top off” shouldn’t be a factor here. I obviously get how weather exposure can affect certain vehicle components, but the vehicle is designed to run topless. If inside the warranty period, it should be covered and fixed accordingly no questions asked.
I did live in Arizona until about a month or 2 ago and have had the top off probably a total of 14 days or so in Arizona it's pretty g****** hot so you don't leave the top off often... I'm really really disappointed in jeep in this and not joking not gonna buy another vehicle if this is how they're going to treat a warranty issue that is known for problems with these screens. They Have replaced these issues and put a different screen in since I believe in 2020 but that still doesn't help me. I would have easily bought a screen protector had I known there were issues to start with and I'd be willing to buy One if they replace the screen under warranty.. @JeepCares

Last edited:

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I did live in Arizona until about a month or 2 ago and have had the top off probably a total of 14 days or so in Arizona it's pretty g****** hot so you don't leave the top off often... I'm really really disappointed in jeep in this and not joking not gonna buy another vehicle if this is how they're going to treat a warranty issue that is known for problems with these screens. They Have replaced these issues and put a different screen in since I believe in 2020 but that still doesn't help me. I would have easily bought a screen protector had I known there were issues to start with and I'd be willing to buy One if they replace the screen under warranty.. @JeepCares
Hi EVILMR2,
We understand the frustration. Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN or case number. We'd be happy to look into this further.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

EVILMR2

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi EVILMR2,
We understand the frustration. Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN or case number. We'd be happy to look into this further.

Sarah
Jeep Cares
@jeepcareshow do i sent you a dm? I tried said not found, can your start msg or help me understand how to do this?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
EVILMR2 go up to the post by jeepcares and run your mouse over the words Jeepcares on the left side of their window/post where yours says evilmr2 theirs says Jeepcares....a window will open with their info and in the bottom of that window there is a box that states start conversation....click on that! it will take you to their DM and you can write what you need to and when they read it you will get a red # in your mail box and a message will pop up saying someone has answered your DM. hope that helps!

OP
OP

EVILMR2

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EVILMR2 go up to the post by jeepcares and run your mouse over the words Jeepcares on the left side of their window/post where yours says evilmr2 theirs says Jeepcares....a window will open with their info and in the bottom of that window there is a box that states start conversation....click on that! it will take you to their DM and you can write what you need to and when they read it you will get a red # in your mail box and a message will pop up saying someone has answered your DM. hope that helps!
thank you, I think I did it right..
Sponsored