Sponsored

Warranty Issues with an Aftermarket Lift?

Demanda

First Name
Sheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Hey everyone!

I live in British Columbia and am new to wheeling, but absolutely love it! Most of the rigs I’ve been going out with have 35” tires and at least a 3” or 3.5” lift. I have a 2020 Rubicon Recon edition and want a similar build so am looking at lift and 35” tires. I’ve heard different information about what is required and what might affect warranty coverage from different people. I’ve called the local dealerships and it sounds like if I go through them I’m looking at about $10,000 CAD for the lift and tires.

I’m wondering if it’s really worth it to go through the dealership and if I need to go with Mopar lift or if I can use an after market brand. Also, if I do go with the Mopar 2” lift, would it accommodate 37” tires if I want to go with bigger tires down the road.
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
quick google searching of canadian laws it sounds like part of Consumer Protection Acts is similar to the US's Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which in the us is it basically states if the dealer or manufacturer can prove that the modification was the cause of the issue then they can void the warranty for that part. So esenistailly the burden of proof is on you to show that your modifacation did not cause the warranty claim or just have a good dealership.

Examples:
put on lift and tires and the radio dies, the radio is covered because there is no way a lift and tires could cause the radio to die

put on lift and tires and blow up the transmission, most likely the will claim the lift and tires put too much stress on the transmission and thus no covered, unless you want to go through the effort and show that there was manufacturing issue in the tranny your are stuck