Warranty is a joke

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Try a different dealership.it’s happened to me with other cars. One dealer says warranty will not cover and the other swaps out the part or repairs no questions asked.
Sponsored

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So you hit a pot hole with your lifted Jeep rolling on oversized tires and broke your axle housing?

Please explain again how or why this is a manufacturer defect?

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy, that’s an insurance claim.
Didn’t read the entire post, ok then yes, In this case warranty might be hard to Claim.
It would be like if you backed up into a tree and Tried to get the warranty to fix it for you.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So if you break an axle while driving, not even offroad, Mopar will NOT cover it under warranty. Mopar considers this an "outside influence" and must be claimed by insurance. It broke right at the FAD unit, which is a structural weak point on the axle housing. What a joke. Be warned.
Maybe change your avatar so it doesn't show an extreme articulation even though Jeep advertises articulation in Rubicon they never say how much is ok like they do with the 30" fording depth.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The right hand side all the way down to the “V” looks dirty/rusty from the picture. Which means it was cracked/stressed prior to the left side(nice shiney fresh metal) giving out and failing completely. Have you taken it offroad before? I would take it higher up the ladder and insist it is a defect. Did you notice any other part of the failed fad to have similar rusty spots? Ideally the axle tube should be free of burrs and be round and not oblonged in shape when pressed into the fad but if it is, it will stress casting and it doesn’t take mich to break stressed castings. If you can check the fad for obvious rusty spots along the break and the tube for deformities or burrs
what rust? A little surface rust doesn't affect structural stress.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
If they wont pay for it then make a claim on your car insurance no different then if you hit a pot hole and damage a wheel and tire. wheel and tire can be well over 1000 with a 37 and a 20 inch wheel. but i run 37 17s. Thats why i bought the Auto nation warranty. it says in writing and i had my attorney look t it. it says i can go up in tire size 6 inchs and lift 6 inchs and no matter what breaks even if it is due to the lift and over size tires its cover no matter what no questions. YES I didn't believe it either. but they wrote it up because they knew so many people are putting bigger tires and lifts over 2 inchs and that the Mopar warranty says no bigger then 1 inch on tires and 2 on lift.. Thats why i didn't buy the life time one when they still were selling it back in July. if you dont believe me contact a auto nation dealer and talk to them and read the special warranty they made for lifts on jeeps. And for 6 yrs 60,000 miles 100 deductible i am covered and it only cost me 2,300. One repair like a computer or transmission and it will pay for it self easy. I cat believe i have heard people they screw the warranty i work on mine own stuff LOL this isn't your average vehicles today you dont just work on them in your garage. These are very high tech machines with computers that you have to have a lot of expensive equipment to read and work on them. Just some of the parts today are more then the cost of the warranty. but if they can work on it with parts and labor for 5 or 6 yrs for less then 2,300 then i say go for it but i doubt it unless it never ever breaks down

GhostActual762

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Recon
what rust? A little surface rust doesn't affect structural stress.
Rust along the break, when theres shiney and rust spots along the break that means it had been stressed enough to form a crack, water got in and rusted. Brown/discolored area was stressed to the point it seperated and formed a crack and rusted, all while the little portion in the middle held on for as long as it could before failing.

FBCEF2F1-58C5-4581-9191-8BE36F5675AF.jpeg
Sponsored