First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
I have two dealers willing to match each other on purchace price. One also offers a "lifetime" warranty on the drivetrain through this company: http://mywarrantyforever.com/

The dealer offering the warranty is a 3 hour drive while the other is local. I'd rather buy local but since the warranty is only offered through deaalers (not consumer purchase) I'm not sure of its true value, so I don't know what value to give it.

Additionally, the warranty requires strict maintenance through either the selling dealer or an "authorized" repair shop. I haven't confirmed that another Jeep dealer would meet the "authorized" requirement, but I assume it would.

Further though, I plan immediate tire/rim modifications and using the JLUR for overlanding, so I think maybe in the event something did break I might be vulnerable to the warranty people saying I voided it through heavy use or modifications. I'n in the real estate industry and our worthless "Home Warranty" companies are notorious for not honoring claims, so I'm skeptical that this would be any different.

What value would you give a warranty like this (how much would you pay for lifetime drive train warranty?)?

Edit: Additional Info
I called the claims center of this outfit to ask some questions and the lady was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The scheduled maintenance, oil changes, etc can be done by ANY licensed repair facility. It doesn't even have to be another dealer. It can be Jiffy Lube. BUT, work done by any repairshop other than the selling dealer must be called in and logged each time.

Additionally, she said modification that do not void the manufacturr warranty also do not void their warranty, and vice versa. Seems pretty straight forward.

She confirmed they to not sell direct to consumer, and she did not know what dealers pay per warranty.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yes. You’re talking about DeMontrond. I purchased there along with many others. They’re great. As far as maintenance to maintain your lifetime drivetrain warranty, the only restriction is that you can’t DIY. Pretty much any commercial shop that can give you a receipt showing its your vehicle and what service was performed along with your VIN is acceptable.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I have two dealers willing to match each other on purchace price. One also offers a "lifetime" warranty on the drivetrain through this company: http://mywarrantyforever.com/

The dealer offering the warranty is a 3 hour drive while the other is local. I'd rather buy local but since the warranty is only offered through deaalers (not consumer purchase) I'm not sure of its true value, so I don't know what value to give it.

Additionally, the warranty requires strict maintenance through either the selling dealer or an "authorized" repair shop. I haven't confirmed that another Jeep dealer would meet the "authorized" requirement, but I assume it would.

Further though, I plan immediate tire/rim modifications and using the JLUR for overlanding, so I think maybe in the event something did break I might be vulnerable to the warranty people saying I voided it through heavy use or modifications. I'n in the real estate industry and our worthless "Home Warranty" companies are notorious for not honoring claims, so I'm skeptical that this would be any different.

What value would you give a warranty like this (how much would you pay for lifetime drive train warranty?)?

Edit: Additional Info
I called the claims center of this outfit to ask some questions and the lady was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The scheduled maintenance, oil changes, etc can be done by ANY licensed repair facility. It doesn't even have to be another dealer. It can be Jiffy Lube. BUT, work done by any repairshop other than the selling dealer must be called in and logged each time.

Additionally, she said modification that do not void the manufacturr warranty also do not void their warranty, and vice versa. Seems pretty straight forward.

She confirmed they to not sell direct to consumer, and she did not know what dealers pay per warranty.
It's a money grab as you have to use their affiliates for ALL maintenance. Including oil changes. So not free, you just pay for it with inflated required maintenance bills.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's a money grab as you have to use their affiliates for ALL maintenance. Including oil changes. So not free, you just pay for it with inflated required maintenance bills.
This is categorically untrue. You can have ANY of your maintenance performed at ANY shop you choose, you just can’t DIY. Dealership, local mechanic, national chain. Also it must be performed in a timely manner, i.e. synthetic oil change intervals can’t be over 10K miles. Which is the same as every warranty (including FCA warranty). If you don’t do the required maintenance you’ll be denied coverage. Which is reasonable.

The warranty forever program has no “affiliates”, I don’t even know what you mean by that.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
To answer the real question:

If the local dealer won't offer a warranty forever, and you find value in that, buy the one with the Warranty.

If you don't find value in that, then it doesn't matter.

Finally, if your warranty claim is denied, you haven't lost anything anyway...because you didn't buy the warranty.

I drove 4 hours to work with Neil at DeMontrond because he was ZERO bullshit. No games.

@Chocolate Thunder told me how it was and he was exactly right.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bravelion

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Thanks for all of the replies. I decided to forego the warranty and purchase local. Since I can objectively compute the cost of a round trip to fetch the jeep with free warranty from afar compared to zero time/cost for delivery in Austin, I decided I can take the "go get it" savings and simply pay toward extending my manufacturer warranty should I so choose.

The Forever Warranty doesn't seem like a bad deal, and it's certainly an incentive that might tip an "all other things equal" decision, but in this case I have enough uncertainty about it that I'll pass.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
If it ain't MoPar don't buy it!!

Look for an online dealer then see if your local dealer will match the price, if no buy it on line, Mopar only, $100. deductible worth it! Just sayin'

Go Jeep!!!

OP
OP
bravelion

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Wherever you choose to buy, good luck and have fun in your new Jeep. I wish I lived as close to Hidden Falls as you do.
I was unaware of Hidden Falls (or any wheeling spot for that matter as I'm new to this) until your mention. Difinately looks like a great place to take it once it gets here.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Mopar maxcares are the only ones worth buying, I remember back in the day an outfit called Warranty Gold, was around and many poor folks on the Durango forums bought these plans, were like a 1000$ for 8 yrs back in 1999 or so. Two year later they folded and went belly up and all these people were out. either get the factory plan or save your money.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Mopar maxcares are the only ones worth buying, I remember back in the day an outfit called Warranty Gold, was around and many poor folks on the Durango forums bought these plans, were like a 1000$ for 8 yrs back in 1999 or so. Two year later they folded and went belly up and all these people were out. either get the factory plan or save your money.
This warranty does not cost the consumer anything, it’s a perk that some dealers use as an added value item to differentiate them from other dealerships. It cannot be purchased. If you’ve got the same price at two dealerships and one dealership offers the Warranty Forever and one doesn’t, it makes a difference.

I have yet to make a claim and hope I never have to, but looking at owner reviews online they’re mixed but mostly positive. It’s a “nothing to lose” scenario because you’re not paying for it. Just have to perform the maintenance at a shop.
Sponsored