Warranty Coverage on Lifted Jeep and Wheeled

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
I have a 2019 JLUR with 9K miles on it. I think my steering box is loose, and plan on taking to the dealer to check it out. Are they going to give me a hard time because it has been off-roaded and lifted?

Here is what I have changed.

2.5 inch spacer lift under the stock springs
Core 4x4 adjustable front LCAs
Teraflex TieRod and Drag Link
Factory steering stabilizer mounted above TieRod.
Bilstein shocks to match the lift

There are serious scrapes on the diffs and skid plates to indicate that it has been off-road
Sponsored

JackalopeSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
You should not have any trouble, if so just bring it to Roger Williams Jeep and if you have the aluminum gear box we can warranty out for the new steel one (there is also a program update for the power steering pump)
I also would recommend upgrading the track bar (factory one is hollow and causes sway on the highway)

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have a 2019 JLUR with 9K miles on it. I think my steering box is loose, and plan on taking to the dealer to check it out. Are they going to give me a hard time because it has been off-roaded and lifted?

There are serious scrapes on the diffs and skid plates to indicate that it has been off-road
It's fully dependant on what dealer you bring it to. Basically a crap shoot.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
You should not have any trouble, if so just bring it to Roger Williams Jeep and if you have the aluminum gear box we can warranty out for the new steel one (there is also a program update for the power steering pump)
I also would recommend upgrading the track bar (factory one is hollow and causes sway on the highway)
The stock trackbar causes issues because it isn't adjustable after a lift and your axles are off center. Being hollow doesn't have a lot of bearing on that otherwise all the stock vehicles would be having issues.

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

SuperUltraMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, JL Wrangler Rubicon

It was designed to be off roaded. Jeep expects changes to be made. That being said….
Read up on the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act.
I had been a Service Manager, after being a mechanic, with Jeep and Toyota. That act requires that no one can decline a warrantable repair unless directly proven to have been caused by the actions or changes of some outside cause or influence. It has always been upheld in court when brought against any decline of warranty.
Yes, this includes larger tires, wheels, and any other accessories as long as they did not replace that very part and then any warranty would fall upon the manufacturer of that replaced part.
There’s a LOT of BS thrown around on this and other forums by those that don’t actually know anything with any regards for wisdom.
I mean, I unless they stayed at a certain hotel that night and now they’re an expert…:like:
(Wait, that IS a middle finger, right?)
Sponsored