Warranty concerns about FCA's worker availability

linuxos77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Didn't know how to title this, but I'm beginning to have concerns on FCA's (or Stalantis) ability to meet their warranty obligations. I may be way overthinking this and putting the cart before the horse, but for the sake of conversation here goes. I have the dreaded/common corrosion around the door/tailgate hinges. The dealer I purchased from took pictures and supposedly sent them in September 28th, and said give it several weeks then check in with them. Last week I checked with my dealer and they said they hadn't heard yet. When I called FCA they have no record of anything being sent in. My dealer now claims their one and only warranty admin is in the hospital and will not be doing any warranty work/evaluations for the foreseeable future. Grrrrr, call next closest one and they claim body work warranty repairs are 2 YEARS backlogged and are only taking warranty work for those that purchased there. Call THIRD closest dealer and while on the phone sounded promising and was told to come in a few days later so they can take/send pictures to FCA for approval. When I go in, they seemed surprised I was told to come in but did end up taking pictures after I re explained everything multiple times and was told to call back in a few days.

I know many places are short staffed, and I don't care if the work itself isn't done until spring or later, I just want it on record with FCA in writing that this existed and was approved by them before my 3 year/36k warranty is up (it's currently a 2020 with 25k miles). At this rate I don't have much faith in FCA. On my call with them they stressed the best option is to have a dealer, any dealer evaluate and take pictures, but finding one to do the work is proving difficult. It's a question I have to ask, if their dealer availability to so bad right now that getting work done (or even approved) becomes near impossible and you age out of the warranty period what options are there?!
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

2 years of body work back logged? Sounds weird or just a "we don't want to deal with it".

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Worker availability? What about parts? Dealer disconnected my radio (8" model) September 8 after they tried to reboot it for a bad GPS position. They called me in the beginning of October and said the new one came in. I brought my Jeep in and they said they didn't have the part. So two months, no radio, no screen, no clock, no rearview camera, no GPS, just a dead, black screen and earbuds. 2019 JLR, about 25k miles. At least it still has physical buttons that can control some things (HVAC, heated seats), just can't see how they are controlling them.

But I got a forever warranty!:facepalm:

OP
OP

linuxos77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
2 years of body work back logged? Sounds weird or just a "we don't want to deal with it".
I agree seemed crazy. Most if not all the Jeep dealers near me farm it out to body shops versus do it in house. I'm given the impression each dealer has a body shop the have an agreement/partnership with and only can handle so many at a given time. At least in terms of the dealer I bought from and first opened this case with back in September, I was told there were 20+ Wrangler in front of me to get the work done already approved. Luckily I have 10+ Jeep dealers less than an hour from me, but how many calls and how much time should it take to simply get them to honor a warranty?

Richaedec1

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 2021
I have a JL 2021, which has a problem with the computer module not talking with each other. This problem started 3 month after I purchased the Jeep (December 2020) it has been in the shop several times. This last time (starting September 2021) they say they have found the problem, needs to have two cables replaced, one is in stock, the other will not be in stock until January 2022. That is 4 months without my vehicle. Yes FCA has a problem with warranty repair, and Quality.

Sponsored

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Isn’t corrosion part of the 5yr/60k warranty and not the 3/36?

OP
OP

linuxos77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Isn’t corrosion part of the 5yr/60k warranty and not the 3/36?
It is, but I'm told it's much harder to get this issue covered under the corrosion warranty vs the bumper to bumper. This corrosion does not go through the metal which I'm told will get push back from FCA trying to claim this under the corrosion warranty.

OP
OP

linuxos77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Made an appointment with a 4th dealer today to get this taken care of, hopefully. I now have an escalated case with FCA and a case manager. While helpful, I'm still not confident this is the end of the headache. I'm blown away that I have a problem under my bumper to bumper warranty, yet I'm stuck killing literally hours so far either driving to dealerships or on the phone with FCA, because I simply can't get a case opened in the 3 dealers I've gone to thus far, this process began late September. Meanwhile my mileage keeps creeping closer to expiring the coverage. Do other makes have this same issue?! Luckily I have so many dealers close by, what do those that don't do?
Sponsored