Warranty and aftermarket stereo installs

ktuluorion

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shopping for jl
Hi Folks - i've heard a lot of talk of Jeep not honoring warranty/not doing warranty work due to aftermarket installs. I was curious if anyone knew if Jeep will void any parts of the warranty if you install an amplifier while retaining the stock stereo. Additionally, if they don't do warranty work because of your install, if you return it to stock will they then honor the warranty or do they log that you had something aftermarket? Also, do they just void the warranty on certain components or the whole jeep?

Thanks for any insight!
Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
The entire warranty can not be voided. They have to prove that your modification caused their part to fail. An aftermarket amplifier can be cause for a battery or alternator failing. There are laws in place, i.e. magnusson moss act, to protect consumers from bad practices as they relate to original warranties. For example, they cannot say that your failing piston ring was caused get your amplifier.

OP
OP
ktuluorion

ktuluorion

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shopping for jl
The entire warranty can not be voided. They have to prove that your modification caused their part to fail. An aftermarket amplifier can be cause for a battery or alternator failing. There are laws in place, i.e. magnusson moss act, to protect consumers from bad practices as they relate to original warranties. For example, they cannot say that your failing piston ring was caused get your amplifier.
Thanks for the feedback. I would assume that realistically an amp install SHOULDNT void anything, but I was scared that there is tomfoolery on the dealer's parts based on some of the comments ive seen. Am I to believe that this is overstated and I should be fine?
Sponsored