Jwagon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
0EE5991B-D79A-486A-B212-A3C9EC11B45A.jpeg
Not sure how I missed it but found a nice size crease/dent coming from the filler. Bummer at less than a week old. Anybody else have this? Looks like manufacturing qc issue.

Emailing dealer - we’ll see if that goes anywhere : /
Sponsored

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
If the gas cap cover is screwed on to tight it might cause warping like that. Maybe if they loosen the cover the body will rebound back to normal. Similar to the warping jeep doors get around the hinges.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm that looks pretty warped, I hope the dealer resolves it.

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
Yeah that’s definitely not right. The fuel cover door just snaps into place. It’s not screwed on. I think all the jeeps that come standard with the fuel door are put on at the dealership not at the factory. I could be wrong of course but I believe the door is in a box inside the jeep when it’s delivered. So the fender could have come that way front the factory or someone could have got a little heavy handed while installing it. The sheet metal is really thin there with no support. Mine flexed back and forth some while installing the door but didn’t bend like that.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I think all the jeeps that come standard with the fuel door are put on at the dealership not at the factory. I could be wrong of course but I believe the door is in a box inside the jeep when it’s delivered.
@Grindhouseknives

You are wrong.... Fuel doors are in fact installed at the factory. Sure, dealer may add when vehicle arrives from factory without one, etc..

Sponsored

Attaboy55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep wrangler jl 2 door firecracker red
If the gas cap cover is screwed on to tight it might cause warping like that. Maybe if they loosen the cover the body will rebound back to normal. Similar to the warping jeep doors get around the hinges.
It's not " screwed on" it simply pushes into position with tabs.....

Pwrtrdr1

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Yeah that’s definitely not right. The fuel cover door just snaps into place. It’s not screwed on. I think all the jeeps that come standard with the fuel door are put on at the dealership not at the factory. I could be wrong of course but I believe the door is in a box inside the jeep when it’s delivered. So the fender could have come that way front the factory or someone could have got a little heavy handed while installing it. The sheet metal is really thin there with no support. Mine flexed back and forth some while installing the door but didn’t bend like that.
i put a slight dent in mine (will post pic tomorrow) ...changing out the fuel filler / cover. The metal is extremely thin above the filler. A small design flaw .... and my own impatience. Need to get appraisal to get it right. Dealership or scratch and dent guy ? I will figure it out in short order.
Sponsored