Sponsored

Warning to ALL potential Rubicon owners!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...my wife is the exact opposite. She hates my Jeep more than anything else on the planet.

She sends me links to [misc.] asking...would you rather have this? Nope. I'm good.
Same here; substitute mild dislike for hate. Mrs. H would definitely prefer I have another appliance, similar to the Honda that I traded for my JLU. Nein, danke. I bought what I want and I want what I have.

I may be selling one of the motorcycles in the next year, so perhaps a bit of détente on the subject will come to pass.
Sponsored

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
Bummer. I feel your pain. My wife's Cadillac SRX goes no where. Not on trips. Not on weekends. And she works from home. My JLURD gets all the miles. Her excuse is "the diesel Jeep gets better MPG than my Cadillac". She say's that while wearing a Jeep T-shirt.
Does it though?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Since marriage I've owned a YJ (wife hated it) two TJ's and a Willy's JL. She was lukewarm on the Willy's until I let her borrow it for the weekend after we had a fight. She LOVED it! Things like "I look cute", and "It's hard to be mad at you when everyone is waving at me!". She loved it so much that I got permission to trade in the Willy's for a Rubicon! My dream Jeep! Stero, sound deadening! Every option.

She took it! I haven't driven it for almost a month. Her car got moved outside and the Rubicon is in the garage. I'm driving my 06 work van while She takes Ruby everywhere! I never saw this coming! Be warned Rubicon buyers, be warned.
Ha! Obviously you haven't read many posts here where this has happened time and again. Now go take her POS and trade on a Jeep that she gets to pick out, so you can get yours back.

Last edited:

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
I had a 2013 JKU sport that came with steelies and no power luxuries. She didn’t really like to drive it because of the manual mirrors were set for my use and she hated getting out to adjust them. The manual door locks and windows didn't help either.

Jeep Wrangler JL Warning to ALL potential Rubicon owners! 77B10762-E6DC-4A6F-88F8-44A717DC666A

Fast forward to 2022 and I (we) now have a JLUR snazzberry. She loves it! Has no issue driving it anytime. She has a Civic Si and likes to roll her own gears but the grandkids like the Jeep so she does taxi duty and any other reason to drive the Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Warning to ALL potential Rubicon owners! BF7BBB75-1696-429A-950F-35D75E7967D5

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I found out later after I got a wild hair and drove off the lot with the Sahara with SOT that I couldn't keep the little lady out of it. So later when I decided to retire early, I gave it to her and ordered my Rubicon. So, she has Her's and I have mine. Happy Home. :clap:

20200401_123722.jpg

20210517_125728.jpg

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Sadly, my wife is the exact opposite. She hates my Jeep more than anything else on the planet.
She sends me links to LRs and other lux cars asking.. would you rather have this?
Nope. I'm good.
My wife loves my Rubi UNTIL I start buying mods.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I got a third pedal, so she won’t drive it. Keeps pestering me to get her a 2 door auto with Jurassic Park wrap though. Maybe a reward for when she pays off her truck and student loan.
buy my 18' 2dr Rubicon. it's JP ready. lol

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Last I heard they are still making new ones, so dust off that wallet, stretch out those T-rex arms, and buy another Jeep! 😉🤣

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
My mom absolutely hated the TJ my stepfather had and was lukewarm about the lifted JKU he for a bit. When I got my JLR, he wanted a Jeep so we could wheel together. Found him the JLU Sahara and mom drove it once, never gave it back and loves it.

Sponsored

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
I'm jealous, my wife loves to ride in mine but doesn't want one. She likes sports cars. I'd gladly trade in her car for a another Jeep in the garage. Of course my daughter wants one so in a few years I may be trying to find an older two door wrapped in tiffany blue. Mostly because I nearly laughed myself to death when she said she would be willing to just drive my 392.

SouthValleyPerformance

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022? Rubicon
Since marriage I've owned a YJ (wife hated it) two TJ's and a Willy's JL. She was lukewarm on the Willy's until I let her borrow it for the weekend after we had a fight. She LOVED it! Things like "I look cute", and "It's hard to be mad at you when everyone is waving at me!". She loved it so much that I got permission to trade in the Willy's for a Rubicon! My dream Jeep! Stero, sound deadening! Every option.

She took it! I haven't driven it for almost a month. Her car got moved outside and the Rubicon is in the garage. I'm driving my 06 work van while She takes Ruby everywhere! I never saw this coming! Be warned Rubicon buyers, be warned.
My wife made me put 30k down for a Rubi for “us” that she now doesn’t want me to drive.