Coopdeville

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
It's important not to spread misinformation
I didn’t spread any misinformation. I simply stated my experience which just happens to be the opposite of his. Through MY experience I will continue to order from Northridge.
Sponsored

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes CLS550, 2013 JKU Sport, 2018 JLUR
I didn’t spread any misinformation. I simply stated my experience which just happens to be the opposite of his. Through MY experience I will continue to order from Northridge.
I’m glad they took care of you, but they could have easily bailed on you. Just curious, why would you install a winch you know you are returning? I could see putting on a new antenna temporarily to see what it looked like, but a freakin winch? That wasn’t something I would want to do twice.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
While I too would be upset that a new product arrived damaged, in all honesty, it's a rock slider and will get scratched up regardless, so....I'd beat it back with a hammer, touch it up with some matching spraypaint and call it good. If you installed these on a pavement princess, I'd have them line-xed for around $150 and call it a day. Having said that, I am VERY surprised that they dented so easily....remember, these are rock sliders, they should be nearly impossibly to damage (apart from chipped powdercoat) during shipping.

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Teachable moment. When's there's box damage, check it before the delivery person leaves. They expect to stay while you check the contents. OP has more patience than me. Even with undamaged boxes, I'm unpacking the delivery before the delivery truck is out of my driveway because I'm like a kid at christmas with jeep parts. Gotta open them and look at them asap. If I planned on installing the part the next day or the next weekend, chances are I'll be out in my garage installing it at midnight. If it's something I'm having installed, it's never still packaged when I drop it off. Need to know it's undamaged and I don't expect the mechanic to unpack my part(s). Sometimes that's a pita and/or time consuming.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Teachable moment. When's there's box damage, check it before the delivery person leaves. They expect to stay while you check the contents. OP has more patience than me. Even with undamaged boxes, I'm unpacking the delivery before the delivery truck is out of my driveway because I'm like a kid at christmas with jeep parts. Gotta open them and look at them asap. If I planned on installing the part the next day or the next weekend, chances are I'll be out in my garage installing it at midnight. If it's something I'm having installed, it's never still packaged when I drop it off. Need to know it's undamaged and I don't expect the mechanic to unpack my part(s). Sometimes that's a pita and/or time consuming.
How do you do that when you’re not home when the package is delivered?

Sponsored

IronChad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
This is being posted all over and I will reply with the same thing I have been .

It’s a very simple process if you have a problem with a part all you have to do is call us and my customer service team will take great care of you when you do.

Exceptions to this.

Do not modify the part and try and fix it
Do not install the part.

Once the part is installed most if not all mfg’s can not and will not assist us. We also can not file a shipping claim to claim any damage.

My customer service team is instructed to fix problems and make customers happy but you have to follow two very small rules.

Just like the above reference with the warn winch. Customer called right away and was taken care of right away. That is the normal thing that happens 20-30 times per day.

David
Regardless of him not doing things the right way, I will never order anything from your company for the way you handled this.

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inspect it when you get home. You can still return it but it’s a lot less hassle to refuse it and have it instantly returned.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
You should show it/pics to LOD and see if they can figure how hard it would have had to been hit to end up like this. IMO, if it's designed to withstand rocks and/or high-centering with the full weight of the Jeep on it, I don't see how it could have got bent this way in transit/shipping. So it seems to me it's more like 4WP accidentally did this and didn't want to fess up to it.

Lastly, why did you take this stuff to 4WP to install it, why didn't you just order it through them? Surely you could get similar pricing. Then, no hassle wrt shipping/delivery or products "damaged during shipping".

Coopdeville

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
I’m glad they took care of you, but they could have easily bailed on you. Just curious, why would you install a winch you know you are returning? I could see putting on a new antenna temporarily to see what it looked like, but a freakin winch? That wasn’t something I would want to do twice.
I honestly didn’t think they’d replace it. The box and/or no packaging was damaged. I was done before I knew they would. Install was maybe 30 minutes with an impact and a buddy.

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regardless of him not doing things the right way, I will never order anything from your company for the way you handled this.
What am I missing? What did they do wrong?

Sponsored

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I honestly didn’t think they’d replace it. The box and/or no packaging was damaged. I was done before I knew they would. Install was maybe 30 minutes with an impact and a buddy.
You’re much faster than me :)

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Inspect it when you get home. You can still return it but it’s a lot less hassle to refuse it and have it instantly returned.
Of course. My comment was a bit rhetorical. I doubt many people have the luxury of being around when the delivery truck shows up. That being said, the OP should’ve at least inspected the item before handing it over to a third party. Unfair defamation against Northridge and LOD.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'm glad I wasnt the only one who thought this was out of line. The guy could have said hey man sorry this happened, but let's talk and then handled it. He flamed the guy for installing the rails but praised the guy who installed a broken winch?

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Then you inspect the contents as soon as you get home and see the damaged box, take photos and contact the shipper and file a claim.

OrangeDonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The reply from NR is enough for me to never do business with them again. They had the opportunity to win over a customer for life and instead they basically blame him for a damaged product? If the OP was being dishonest about the damage, he probably would have removed the sliders and never told NR he installed them in the first place.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.