Sponsored

Warning messages (one after another!)

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Can someone help me figure out what's going on? JeepCares need not reply (I'm in Canada).

We brought home my 2020 JLUS just before Christmas. The following have happened once, and only once unless otherwise specified.
  • On day two or three (I think two) I was waiting in the intersection to turn left. The Stop/Start activated, resumed when I took my foot off the gas then activated again. I got a warning about the ESS then the Jeep shut right down and I was stuck in the intersection for about a minute and a half before I could turn off the ignition and restart the Jeep.
  • Service 4wd system
  • Airbag warning
  • LCD wouldn't turn on (stayed black)
  • FOB didn’t work (neither did the buttons on the door)
  • Customs dash buttons not holding (ie. set the middle to time holds when I set it, but resets to default when I restart the Jeep). They eventually do hold, but I have to change them 3-4 times before they stick.
  • Resetting the odometer to zero at fill up. Same as custom settings. It resets to 0 then resets back to whatever the number was before the reset the next time I restart.
  • Park sensors unavailable (this one's constant but they often still work, regardless of the message... I suspect this is a problem with the spare, but it's odd how they still work even with the message saying unavailable)
There was a few other small warning messages but I can’t remember them all (they must not have concerned me too much.) I'll ask my husband if he can remember what they were and edit my OP if needed. (If for no other reason than to have a record.)

But then a couple of days ago I got an email. "ALERT: Your 2020 Jeep Wrangler has detected an issue that requires your attention." This is what the email showed (Powertrain malfunction indicator light), but when I loaded both the webpage AND my app they both show as no problems found. There was also no warning light on the dash of the Jeep.

It’s like one message after another, and they never reoccur. Everything drives fine… no more ESS issues either (thank goodness), but this new one definitely caught my attention.

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 12.26.41 PM.png
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It wouldn't exactly explain all your issues but I'd at least separate the batts electrically and load test each one

Also make sure your batt cables are tight when installed and as much as I hate to be the one to suggest what is suggested in EVERY thread for EVERY problem (even broken u-joints or ripped seat upholstery) - you made sure your fuses are seated? Ugh, I said it...

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Also make sure your batt cables are tight when installed and as much as I hate to be the one to suggest what is suggested in EVERY thread for EVERY problem (even broken u-joints or ripped seat upholstery) - you made sure your fuses are seated? Ugh, I said it...
I second this. Can't stress enough checking the fuse box under the hood to make sure every fuse and relay is seated properly. My 2015 JKU would ding randomly while driving after I initially purchased it. Turned out to be a loose negative battery cable straight from the factory. All the issues you describe can occur with loos cables, fuses and relays.

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
you made sure your fuses are seated? Ugh, I said it...
hahaha Yes. I'll check again though. Some of them were super wiggly but I couldn't push them in any further (are they supposed to wiggle like that??). I didn't check the battery cables though... I'll take another look.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The battery cables also connect to the fender area, between the battery and fender (at least on the 3.6). Make sure all those nuts are tight. You might even take them off and make sure factory paint isn't preventing a decent connection.

I mean you may very well have a true "computer" problem but K.I.S.S. first.

IMG_20200401_183706271.jpg
Sponsored