Warning light after re-installing doors

Spotscrib

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler 4 door rubicon and I recently removed the doors to enjoy the ability we jeepers can actually do that but now my doors are back on and my cluster displays a blind spot alert temporarily unavailable I checked all my fuses and replaced them unplugged all the connectors and checked them they are all 100% my windows roll up my doors lock BUT my side view mirrors and blind spot monitoring don’t work and my clust doesn’t recognize my driver door as open or closed I’ll upload a pic of the display message.

10A2773D-39B5-4D11-AC3D-0E8FC18AEEC1.jpeg
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
There are not many components involved in the BSM system but I had a 2018 Jeep Compass that has BSM issues that took like 6 trips to the dealer to get resolved, they never found anything wrong but in the end it fixed itself and my guess was there was a connector that was partially not making good contact so after they unplugged and plugged in all of them something finally got seated correctly so my suggestion would be unplug the door connector and clean the contact points and then apply some dielectric grease to the connector and reseat it firmly and if they does not work take in to the dealer.

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler 4 door rubicon and I recently removed the doors to enjoy the ability we jeepers can actually do that but now my doors are back on and my cluster displays a blind spot alert temporarily unavailable I checked all my fuses and replaced them unplugged all the connectors and checked them they are all 100% my windows roll up my doors lock BUT my side view mirrors and blind spot monitoring don’t work and my clust doesn’t recognize my driver door as open or closed I’ll upload a pic of the display message.

Unplug the connectors and plug them back in. (I’d unplug, put truck in run with doors open, turn off, plug in, put in run with all doors closed.)

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Check the door connector. . Maybe a pin bent when putting it back together?

OP
OP

Spotscrib

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check the door connector. . Maybe a pin bent when putting it back together?
Already did that the pins are to far back and the connector won’t go in if not lined up properly I even triple checked them lol

Sponsored

Ruby1508

First Name
Ruby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon JL
Is it normal for the “Blind spot alert temporarily unavailable” warning to be active when the doors are off?

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Is it normal for the “Blind spot alert temporarily unavailable” warning to be active when the doors are off?
Yes... since your mirrors with the warning lamps are on your doors but the doors aren’t on your Jeep ;)

N8VAL

First Name
Charity
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubicon

Did you ever get this issue resolved? If so, how? We just put our doors back on today and are having the same problem.

OP
OP

Spotscrib

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever get this issue resolved? If so, how? We just put our doors back on today and are having the same problem.
The dealer found a bent out of place pin I don’t know how that happened since you can’t re install at an angle but that was my resolution.

AlinMaine

First Name
AL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have the same issue, no bents pins found, they "think" the latch is bad? On order. We'll see next week. It also takes out "Remote Start." I do get the front Passenger Door indictor at all, open or closed.

Sponsored

AlinMaine

First Name
AL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have the same issue, no bents pins found, they "think" the latch is bad? On order. We'll see next week. It also takes out "Remote Start." I do get the front Passenger Door indictor at all, open or closed.
I went out and looked at the connector. Pulled the "top" of the sidewall and found a bent (15 degree angle) pin. Before reconnecting I had Blind Spot Error, no open door indicator, no courtesy lights, no remote start, and power mirrors not working. Used a credit card to realign pin. Carefully reconnected and courtesy light illuminated. I knew I had it. A few ignition cycles, including checking remote start feature and everything came back on-line.

Last edited:

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Guarantee it is a bent pin in the front door harness. It will be on the body side one of the smaller pins. I have had mine bend both times. I think it is gonna be an ongoing issue.

lowZX14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I went out and looked at the connector. Pulled the "top" of the sidewall and found a bent (15 degree angle) pin. Before reconnecting I had Blind Spot Error, no open door indicator, no courtesy lights, no remote start, and power mirrors not working. Used a credit card to realign pin. Carefully reconnected and courtesy light illuminated. I knew I had it. A few ignition cycles, including checking remote start feature and everything came back on-line.
What "top" of the sidewall were you talking about? I'm having this same exact problem and can't see any bent pins whatsoever, but maybe I didn't check exactly where you did.

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I've had my doors off for over a month and then all of a sudden today I started the vehicle and I get the same warning so obviously I don't have a bent pin or any other issue like that

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The dealer found a bent out of place pin I don’t know how that happened since you can’t re install at an angle but that was my resolution.
Happened to me and brought it to dealer. They said doors on backwards.
Sponsored