First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Actually, this is what SHOULD have happened:
1) DD receives complaint about 3rd party vender transaction
2) DD contacts 3rd party vender directly and discusses/negotiates a resolution for the customer
3) 3rd party vender contacts customer with resolution

It shouldn't be "it's not our fault since we didn't sell it to you and it is not a defect", then leaving it up to the customer to negotiate with the 3rd party. Now if the 3rd party is non-affiliated with DD (which is often the case with amazon marketplace), then unfortunately DD would have no other options but to push it back to the consumer.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
It shouldn't be "it's not our fault since we didn't sell it to you and it is not a defect", then leaving it up to the customer to negotiate with the 3rd party. Now if the 3rd party is non-affiliated with DD (which is often the case with amazon marketplace), then unfortunately DD would have no other options but to push it back to the consumer.
Good thing that’s not what happened here, then.

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I see I ruffled some feathers. I'm not one to leave negative feedback but DD's customer service is deserving of my criticism in this instance.

1) I got what I ordered from CAK Electronics, therefore the retailer did nothing wrong. They are also, in fact, one of DD's top 10 dealers and are obviously authorized distributors, contrary to what I was told.

2) DD assured me prior to the sale that I would be taken care of should I have issues.

3) DD also re-stated post-sale over the phone that "I would be taken care of" after I provided a detailed description of what was going on, however once I sent them the information they needed they then refused to help and tried to sell me a product.

If you buy a product at Home Depot and it's missing parts or incompatible with your project despite being told otherwise, you don't go back to Home Depot asking them to remedy the situation. You contact the manufacturer and let them know what's wrong and give them a chance to make it right. That's exactly what I did.

Since posting, CAK actually reached out to me via Amazon and offered to do exactly what DD should have done in the first place, which is simply trading one set of brackets for the other. The claim that I was trying to get "free product" is absurd and tells me everything I need to know about you as a person @Rhinebeck01.
No it isn't, you are wrong.
Sponsored