Warn Zeon Out of Stock - January 2022

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
When I bought my Zeon, I intentionally got the steel table version so I could choose my own synthetic line. I bought https://www.masterpull.com/8mm-5-16-superline-black-winch-line-21-700-lbs/ (but wow, it was $100 cheaper at the time) and my own hawse (I wanted black, not chrome, so this was fine by me). Out the door, I think I spent a little more than just buying the synthetic version direct from Warn, but I got exactly what I wanted.

Anyways, an option to consider as you might be able to find the steel wire version sooner.
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
When I bought my Zeon, I intentionally got the steel table version so I could choose my own synthetic line. I bought https://www.masterpull.com/8mm-5-16-superline-black-winch-line-21-700-lbs/ (but wow, it was $100 cheaper at the time) and my own hawse (I wanted black, not chrome, so this was fine by me). Out the door, I think I spent a little more than just buying the synthetic version direct from Warn, but I got exactly what I wanted.

Anyways, an option to consider as you might be able to find the steel wire version sooner.
Good point. I already bought a black hawse as well. Just looks better. Honestly probably wonā€™t even need it until winter, but it would be smart to practice and take a class a head of time, which was my plan.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I would be fine with a 10-S (the longer 100 ft. rope is a plus over the 80 ft. 12-s rope) but not a 10-S platinum (wireless remote). I prefer to hard wire in-cab control switch and permanently mount a control switch to the front bumper. So, the wireless remote on the platinum is a deal breaker for me.
If there was a platinum 12-S available right now I would buy it. Why is the Chinese one available but not the US made one?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Zeon Platinum series come with wireless remotes, standard Zeon's come with a hand held corded control that you must plug into the winch. Instead of wiring my winch directly to the battery (how winches are most often wired) I used Warn's Power Interrupt kit and wired this relay to be activated by one of my Aux switches, thus avoiding any change of accidental winch engagement. Hope this helps!
Did Warn finally remedy the failing remote issue? No long ago, there was a thread about a wider spread issue of remotes that were relatively new losing charge and eventually not holding enough of a charge to even function. Warns only fix at the time was to send customers a new battery and/or remote, but they would also fail.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Did Warn finally remedy the failing remote issue? No long ago, there was a thread about a wider spread issue of remotes that were relatively new losing charge and eventually not holding enough of a charge to even function. Warns only fix at the time was to send customers a new battery and/or remote, but they would also fail.
Not that I know of. I believe the issue still persists but platinums are not available either. Should I just take my deposit back and wait for January, hold the deposit in hopes they get them in sooner or just go with an Evo?

Sponsored

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The Zeon Platinum series come with wireless remotes, standard Zeon's come with a hand held corded control that you must plug into the winch. Instead of wiring my winch directly to the battery (how winches are most often wired) I used Warn's Power Interrupt kit and wired this relay to be activated by one of my Aux switches, thus avoiding any change of accidental winch engagement. Hope this helps!
Not that I know of. I believe the issue still persists but platinums are not available either. Should I just take my deposit back and wait for January, hold the deposit in hopes they get them in sooner or just go with an Evo?
I have the 12S Platinum. Just keep the remote charged without letting it drain completely. Plug the remote into your USB port when you need it. Havenā€™t had any issues yet that left me stranded with a dead remote, knock on wood. I suggest wait for the 12S-P , get the power interrupt solenoid kit and a cover for it to protect it from the elements. šŸ˜‰

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

Sorry, I do not know! It is just a little crazy when even our winches could leave us stranded due to a discharged/dead/defective wireless control...Maybe Warn should also include an old-fashion connection & wired control for backup: 12S-P/MB (Platinum Manual Backup)

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you're in dire need of a winch now, I'd hold out for the Zeon with synthetic line and a bulletproof wired remote. I'm dead set on a Zeon 10s. No offroad trailer for me.

I plan on a few offroad trips this winter, so I may have to settle for a VR Evo 10s as a stop gap, if there's no movement on the Zeons.

And the Warn power interupt kit is well worth it, especially if you have the factory aux switches. It's just a simple solenoid, which is a switch that allows a thinner lower Amp wire to both apply and cut power between 2 higher Amp battery cables. Without it, the winch will always be hot. That opens up the potential to someone playing with or being able to steal the line or the nice Factor 55 Ultrahooks that alot of us use. Also, in the event of an accident, a winch that is always hot would potentially result in a higher Amp dead short that could turn a steal bumper into a taser and/or ignite fuel.

Sorry, I do not know! It is just a little crazy when even our winches could leave us stranded due to a discharged/dead/defective wireless control...Maybe Warn should also include an old-fashion connection & wired control for backup: 12S-P/MB (Platinum Manual Backup)
Nothing to be sorry about, buddy! I just wanted to point out that you probably dodged a bullet by not going with the platinum version. Your post sounded like you kinda regretted getting the non platinum.

I fully agree about the benefits of the platinum also having the receptacle for a wired remote as a backup. It seems that they were going for that extra clean control box look, by not including it.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Josiah. If you wanted to chance it, there is an open box 12s platinum for sale on FB in Dallas. Lot of money for something from personal buyer on FB, but thought I would throw out there.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hey Josiah. If you wanted to chance it, there is an open box 12s platinum for sale on FB in Dallas. Lot of money for something from personal buyer on FB, but thought I would throw out there.
Sure could you send me the link? Iā€™ll take a look. Donā€™t have a Facebook. Might have to use my wifeā€™s.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Sure could you send me the link? Iā€™ll take a look. Donā€™t have a Facebook. Might have to use my wifeā€™s.
Coming your way in PM :like:

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Be careful buying used, as Warn's warranty is NOT transferable!! You might end up with a >$1000 paperweight!

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn Zeon Out of Stock - January 2022 Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 8.46.05 AM

Last edited:
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Be careful buying used, as Warn's warranty is NOT transferrable!! You might end up with a >$1000 paperweight!

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 8.46.05 AM.png
Good catch. Well, just time to be patient. Itā€™s alright. I got more than I deserve anyways.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Good catch. Well, just time to be patient. Itā€™s alright. I got more than I deserve anyways.
Agreed, patience is the best option here!

I am in the same boat, I was exploring buying a used Zeon 10s and only saw people selling them used pretty close to retail price, with the caveat of course "ooh you can't find them anywhere now..."

I think around 1/2 off would be the price point in which I might jump on a used one.

In my opinion it does not make sense the purchase a used winch with essentially no warranty at close to MFG retail cost. The risk is just too great. A purchase of this magnitude must absolutely come with the full warranty.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Agreed, patience is the best option here!

I am in the same boat, I was exploring buying a used Zeon 10s and only saw people selling them used pretty close to retail price, with the caveat of course "ooh you can't find them anywhere now..."

I think around 1/2 off would be the price point in which I might jump on a used one.

In my opinion it does not make sense the purchase a used winch with essentially no warranty at close to MFG retail cost. The risk is just too great. A purchase of this magnitude must absolutely come with the full warranty.
Good thinking. Iā€™m really not going to be doing any immediate off roading thatā€™s going to require it but wanted to have something for when it snows in the mountains because thatā€™s when I have wanted it a few times.
Sponsored

Last edited: