First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hello, I finally decided on a Warn Zeon 12-S winch for my soon to be 392. I purchased from River City Off Road and also bought some Baja Design lights. Good bunch of guys over there.

I got all my lights and cables lighting fast, no tax. Inquired about the winch since I hadn’t heard anything. One of the team members did some researching and said they need to contact warn on inventory.

They came back a few days later and told me Warn said they don’t plan to have more stock of the Zeon 12-S until January 2022. Major bummer. It also seems out of stock everywhere.

They do have an Evo 12-S in stock but I wanted made in the USA for my winch.

Have you all heard the same thing or do you know of any suppliers with one left?
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Lol if I found a supplier with one left it I would have snatched it up! I talked to the folks at Northridge and they told me the same thing. He did say they may get the platinum in by October but I’m not really wanting a wireless remote. I like how they don’t even list products on their website if they have a crazy eta from the manufacturer. Kudos for buying USA made!

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn Zeon Out of Stock - January 2022 A32E555D-0951-45F1-B993-5E86C5BAE107

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
zeon 10s works just fine. 8 10 12 they are basically the same, higher the rating more reduction gear slower the line speed. Winch recovery is not all about lbs, line speed is important tooooo.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Lol if I found a supplier with one left it I would have snatched it up! I talked to the folks at Northridge and they told me the same thing. He did say they may get the platinum in by October but I’m not really wanting a wireless remote. I like how they don’t even list products on their website if they have a crazy eta from the manufacturer. Kudos for buying USA made!

A32E555D-0951-45F1-B993-5E86C5BAE107.gif
Man. This global supply shortage is fun. I already have so much to be thankful for I’ll try to be patient until they come back in stock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
zeon 10s works just fine. 8 10 12 they are basically the same, higher the rating more reduction gear slower the line speed. Winch recovery is not all about lbs, line speed is important tooooo.
From my thread here I was told if I’m going to be in a situation where I plan to pull the trailer and Jeep the 12-S is the way to go. Are the smaller winches available in Zeon?

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
From my thread here I was told if I’m going to be in a situation where I plan to pull the trailer and Jeep the 12-S is the way to go. Are the smaller winches available in Zeon?

I have the Zeon 10S, also because I try to buy 'Made in USA' whenever possible. I do kinda wish I had bought the Platinum, I didn't at the time because I did not want a wireless remote with the possibility of an 'accidental' engagement...However I wired the Warn with a Warn power relay that is triggered by one of my Aux switches, so zero chance of a wireless remote being inadvertently activated. I suggest if you can find a Platinum 12-S, buy it!

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I have the Zeon 10S, also because I try to buy 'Made in USA' whenever possible. I do kinda wish I had bought the Platinum, I didn't at the time because I did not want a wireless remote with the possibility of an 'accidental' engagement...However I wired the Warn with a Warn power relay that is triggered by one of my Aux switches, so zero chance of a wireless remote being inadvertently activated. I suggest if you can find a Platinum 12-S, buy it!
I’m confused. Can you explain this a bit more to me?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I’m confused. Can you explain this a bit more to me?

The Zeon Platinum series come with wireless remotes, standard Zeon's come with a hand held corded control that you must plug into the winch. Instead of wiring my winch directly to the battery (how winches are most often wired) I used Warn's Power Interrupt kit and wired this relay to be activated by one of my Aux switches, thus avoiding any change of accidental winch engagement. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
The Zeon Platinum series come with wireless remotes, standard Zeon's come with a hand held corded control that you must plug into the winch. Instead of wiring my winch directly to the battery (how winches are most often wired) I used Warn's Power Interrupt kit and wired this relay to be activated by one of my Aux switches, thus avoiding any change of accidental winch engagement. Hope this helps!
Yeah that makes sense. Did you want the platinum just for the wireless remote?

BeechAV8R

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392, CJ7 6.6L, Fusion Trophy Truck
It looks like the Zeon 10 and Zeon 12 are out of stock everywhere. Quadratec
shows a 10s Platinum in stock and Amazon shows a Zeon 12 (steel cable) in stock from a 3rd party supplier.

I'm in the same position as you and want a Zeon 12-s for the Rubicon 392 but may have to go with a lesser winch like the VR EVO 12-s for now (especially for winter) and upgrade later when the Zeon's are back in stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
It looks like the Zeon 10 and Zeon 12 are out of stock everywhere. Quadratec
shows a 10s Platinum in stock and Amazon shows a Zeon 12 (steel cable) in stock from a 3rd party supplier.

I'm in the same position as you and want a Zeon 12-s for the Rubicon 392 but may have to go with a lesser winch like the VR EVO 12-s for now (especially for winter) and upgrade later when the Zeon's are back in stock.
Curious why you wouldn’t go with the Zeon 10-S? And that’s actually why I have wanted a winch. A few times in the snow so far, I wanted to keep going but it was getting so deep. I thought, if I had a winch I would try it!

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Warn has remote wireless kit plug and play works with any warn winch since 2013. I don’t see the point for a platinum..looks badass at mall for sure tho.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Warn has remote wireless kit plug and play works with any warn winch since 2013. I don’t see the point for a platinum..looks badass at mall for sure tho.
Yeah I’d only consider it for availability but that’s sold out too.

BeechAV8R

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392, CJ7 6.6L, Fusion Trophy Truck
Curious why you wouldn’t go with the Zeon 10-S? And that’s actually why I have wanted a winch. A few times in the snow so far, I wanted to keep going but it was getting so deep. I thought, if I had a winch I would try it!
I would be fine with a 10-S (the longer 100 ft. rope is a plus over the 80 ft. 12-s rope) but not a 10-S platinum (wireless remote). I prefer to hard wire in-cab control switch and permanently mount a control switch to the front bumper. So, the wireless remote on the platinum is a deal breaker for me.
Sponsored