Sponsored

WARN ZEON 10-S Platinum Purchase - works with Mopar Grille & Winch Guard?

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks to some sponsored vendors on this forum I’ve got a lead on some Black Friday deals.

My plan is to mount a winch in my Rubicon OE steel bumper with the Mopar Grille & Winch Guard (part number 82215351). There are several winch plate options, but it seems that the WARN Rubicon OE Bumper Winch Carrier (part number WAR101255) paired with the WARN ZEON 10-S Platinum, will fit and clear the Mopar Grille & Winch Guard.

Can anybody confirm? It seems that the non-Platinum 10-S does fit, but not sure about the Platinum.

And if I should be thinking about a different winch, do let me know!
Sponsored

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 10s platinum and the mopar winch guard is to short to clear with a warn winch plate.
I ended up buying the maximus 3 SLP winch guard.
H0YRzXo.jpg

Last edited:

digirati

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks to some sponsored vendors on this forum I’ve got a lead on some Black Friday deals.

My plan is to mount a winch in my Rubicon OE steel bumper with the Mopar Grille & Winch Guard (part number 82215351). There are several winch plate options, but it seems that the WARN Rubicon OE Bumper Winch Carrier (part number WAR101255) paired with the WARN ZEON 10-S Platinum, will fit and clear the Mopar Grille & Winch Guard.

Can anybody confirm? It seems that the non-Platinum 10-S does fit, but not sure about the Platinum.

And if I should be thinking about a different winch, do let me know!
I have a 2019 Unlimited Rubicon with the factory steel bumper and have the same questions. Please let me know if you figure things out, and feel free to share any Black Friday deals.

2k6_tx_Dad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR 6sp
I plan to have the same setup, winch, plate and guard. I've watched dozens of videos on install, first concerned about the re-install of the skid plate then the grill and winch guard. I believe there are people successfully running this setup.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...pictures-of-your-jls-winch.16785/#post-411786 (uses washers)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...es-of-your-jls-winch.16785/page-2#post-427289
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...es-of-your-jls-winch.16785/page-3#post-671172

Some have a little clearance, some are right up against the winch.

If the angle of my guard has it too close to the winch, I'm going to put washers, not under the guard:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...and-zeon-10-s-install.6444/page-6#post-356294

but between the bumper and frame. This would move the bumper a bit further forward (like the winch plate already does) to allow clearance.

Last edited:

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to get the Mopar grill guard to work by spacing the bumper out with 3 fender washers on each stud of the bumper to push the bumper forward of the grill.

Ron

Last edited:

AppleJacks23

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Human Resources
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to get the Mopar grill guard to work by spacing the bumper out with 3 fender washers on each stud.

Ron
Sorry for the resurrection on an old thread but I just installed a 10s platinum, warn plate, and Mopar guard. No issues and in fact put the guard on before the winch install. Made moving the bumper easier!
Sponsored