Warn tube doors (with pics)

RedWranger

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Whelp...here they are! I love them but they were back ordered by almost three months...so I had to wait a long time! My only issue was that the instructions weren't great. You'd think it would be straightforward but when installing the latches but the instructions weren't totally clear and I got the latches installed backwards and had to reverse it back out. Not horrible but just a pain-in-the-butt. That said, I think these look awesome and had an option to install side mirrors, which I went with Quadratec

Front tube doors: https://www.quadratec.com/p/warn/front-tube-door-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt
Rear tube doors: https://www.quadratec.com/p/warn/rear-tube-door-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt
Side mirrors: https://www.quadratec.com/products/13111_0320_14.htm
Sponsored

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Looks great. On the wish list for next spring.

OP
OP
RedWranger

RedWranger

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they look great. how is the fit and finish?
Good quality for sure! My only complaint is that when the doors are closed, they rattle a little. This is generally ok as with the top off and music up...you don't hear it. :)

When installing, I wish they installed the hinges from the factory. This was a pain-in-the-butt in trying to line everything up. I guess if I had someone else to help hold the door level and aligned, this would have been easier and faster. Finally, I wish the hardware was black to match the doors. They are chrome/stainless steel. Yeah, I can replace them but I don't think I ever will...too lazy. :)

Sponsored

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Good quality for sure! My only complaint is that when the doors are closed, they rattle a little. This is generally ok as with the top off and music up...you don't hear it. :)

When installing, I wish they installed the hinges from the factory. This was a pain-in-the-butt in trying to line everything up. I guess if I had someone else to help hold the door level and aligned, this would have been easier and faster. Finally, I wish the hardware was black to match the doors. They are chrome/stainless steel. Yeah, I can replace them but I don't think I ever will...too lazy. :)
What made you go with Warn over Mopar etc. ?

OP
OP
RedWranger

RedWranger

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What made you go with Warn over Mopar etc. ?
The side mirrors was #1 and then cost. I had tried different side mirror options and none have been close to as good as having them on the door. Cost is a bit cheaper too. Other than this, I like that the front doors have an "arm rest" built into the door, that I don't think the Mopar ones have. These also have locking doors, which I admit don't matter that much since they are open but it does make me feel just a little bit better that I can lock them making it harder for the bad guys. Finally, I like the design lines a bit more on these doors vs. the "box" that the Mopar ones look like. So, I guess: mirrors, cost, and design. :)

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The side mirrors was #1 and then cost. I had tried different side mirror options and none have been close to as good as having them on the door. Cost is a bit cheaper too. Other than this, I like that the front doors have an "arm rest" built into the door, that I don't think the Mopar ones have. These also have locking doors, which I admit don't matter that much since they are open but it does make me feel just a little bit better that I can lock them making it harder for the bad guys. Finally, I like the design lines a bit more on these doors vs. the "box" that the Mopar ones look like. So, I guess: mirrors, cost, and design. :)
Thanks. Cost aside , looks to be an easier instal-with the Mopar doors. But like you, the sans mirrors is a non starter.

Unkle Fester

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
They look great. Warn got the lines right. The Mopar have no mirror mounts...

definitely on my springtime wish list.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Finally, I like the design lines a bit more on these doors vs. the "box" that the Mopar ones look like.
These Warn tube doors look great on a JLU! But I'm wondering how the front tube door design flows with the lines of a 2-door. It looks like the top of the front tube door won't meet up well with the top of the tub.

Sponsored

ktaquino

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited
see u mentioned installing the latches backwards. i got these in today and front ā€œfitā€ but are little lose. bumper thing at bottom doesnā€™t even touch. but the rears arenā€™t even close. with raised all the way up in screw holes the latches to the latch on frame is still about 2 inches high. saw your comment and thought maybe i did something wrong?

OP
OP
RedWranger

RedWranger

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
see u mentioned installing the latches backwards. i got these in today and front ā€œfitā€ but are little lose. bumper thing at bottom doesnā€™t even touch. but the rears arenā€™t even close. with raised all the way up in screw holes the latches to the latch on frame is still about 2 inches high. saw your comment and thought maybe i did something wrong?
Iā€™m sure you looked at this but there are some slight adjustments you can make to the height at the door hinges. I would try to flip the latches to the other side of the Jeep and flip upside down to see if there are any improvements. My biggest frustration was the installation but once done, they are pretty great. Good luck!

ktaquino

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited
Iā€™m sure you looked at this but there are some slight adjustments you can make to the height at the door hinges. I would try to flip the latches to the other side of the Jeep and flip upside down to see if there are any improvements. My biggest frustration was the installation but once done, they are pretty great. Good luck!
well i got back after it this morning and figured it out. the boxes with handles/latches were labeled wrong with pass/driver. the handles have a height offset so after both being low, then switching them they both lined up fine.

one other thing i am seeing is that the rubber bumpers at bottom dont even touch and they are all way out. this causes the doors to have play in and out. do you have this problem or have ways to make them stay tucked in better when closed?

thanks for reply.

954D5928-B440-4652-950F-D66C836048ED.jpeg
Sponsored