Warn Platinum— is it worth the extra cost?

PyrPatriot

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Something that might be of use when considering a Zeon vs a Zeon Platinum is that there is no manual clutch engagement lever on the Platinum. If the remote dies, or won't work, then you can't do anything to spool the cable in or out.

I know this because I installed a Platinum in a bumper on a truck and when I got ready to install the winch rope, the winch wouldn't do anything. Very, very frustrating to say the least. lol

I have a Zeon on my personal JK and it has been a great winch. I will have a Zeon 10S on my JLUR as well.

Hope this is helpful!

Marcus
Happened to a guy riding with us. Winch controller broke, couldnt even use his rig as an anchor to help get a 4runner unstuck using another smaller Jeep

Advertisement

1996cc

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JKUR
Another downfall of the Platinum is the remote battery won’t even last a month in the glove box before it’s completely dead. Warn said that‘s not normal and sent me another battery to swap it out, new one does the same thing...

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
are the batteries a standard type battery like aa or 9v? The reason I ask as a fire fighter most of our thermal imagers work great but after 5-10 years you can no longer find batteries for them and you basically have to purchase a new 5-8k imager ... just something to think about

1996cc

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JKUR
Nope. It’s a lithium ion similar to those in baby monitors.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Nope. It’s a lithium ion similar to those in baby monitors.
I was shopping for a Zeon and came across an unopened 10k Platinum Zeon in an unopened box for $1500, so I thought “great deal” and opened, inspected for damage, all components there, and picked it up quickly. I didn’t realize the remote is rechargeable I guess. Are the batteries removable for storage? Is the Bluetooth connection the reason for discharge?

1996cc

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JKUR
The Bluetooth isn’t on when the remote is off. You also turn off the switch on the winch. Battery is not removable (except for replacement). Just won’t hold a charge more than a couple weeks. I have to charge it before every run. They are lithium ion, I’m actually surprised they don’t hold a charge better. Tempted to try a baby monitor battery???

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
On the plus side, the remote is live as soon as plugged into a charging usb and you can just use it wired if dead.

I put one on my 1500 since it is a hidden mount and i didn't want to deal with a clutch relocation. Given the remote battery is basically dead at all times, it is effectively a wired remote with the occasional (hey it finally charged enough but we are done now) wireless capability.

I had the choice knowing all that when I purchased for my Jeep and did not choose the platinum.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
The Bluetooth isn’t on when the remote is off. You also turn off the switch on the winch. Battery is not removable (except for replacement). Just won’t hold a charge more than a couple weeks. I have to charge it before every run. They are lithium ion, I’m actually surprised they don’t hold a charge better. Tempted to try a baby monitor battery???
Before I knew that I was anticipating keeping spare batteries in the glovebox.

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement