WARN JL Rubicon Winch Mount Plate and Zeon 10-S Install

Ed El Man

First Name
Edgar
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Ducati XDiavel S, 2011 Ducati 848 Evo, 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grandtouring (the beater)
Vehicle Showcase
This red/black combo looks awesome, which plate and fairlead is this?
I ordered it on line and don’t remember where, it’s been about 2 years now. Sorry.

jsmartin14

First Name
Jody
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD delivered 06-16-2020, 2008 JKU
Also, if you remove the grill before install (same process as JK), it makes tightening the 8 nuts WAYYYYY easier. It's a tight fit getting the bottom of the grill (metal clips that go into frame slits) back on.........but it works, and no paint was chipped. I was able to complete all 8 nuts with a 3/8 ratchet, small extension, and deep socket, in less than 5 minutes. This helps in routing the wiring, as well. Wish I had read this thread before install. I would have known to put the hawse fairlead on before installing the bumper back onto the frame.

BamaJeep

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Also, if you remove the grill before install (same process as JK), it makes tightening the 8 nuts WAYYYYY easier. It's a tight fit getting the bottom of the grill (metal clips that go into frame slits) back on.........but it works, and no paint was chipped. I was able to complete all 8 nuts with a 3/8 ratchet, small extension, and deep socket, in less than 5 minutes. This helps in routing the wiring, as well. Wish I had read this thread before install. I would have known to put the hawse fairlead on before installing the bumper back onto the frame.
I've seen others also mention putting the hawse fairlead on before installing the bumper back on. My question is, doesn't the Warn winch plate have holes that the bolts have to go through as well? If you bolt the hawse fairlead onto the bumper before it gets put onto the bumper I don't see how you complete this step? Is threading the hawse fairlead bolts all the way through to the warn winch plate not necessary? This would definitely speed up the process if so.

neeesack

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Granite Crystal
I've seen others also mention putting the hawse fairlead on before installing the bumper back on. My question is, doesn't the Warn winch plate have holes that the bolts have to go through as well? If you bolt the hawse fairlead onto the bumper before it gets put onto the bumper I don't see how you complete this step? Is threading the hawse fairlead bolts all the way through to the warn winch plate not necessary? This would definitely speed up the process if so.
Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks in advance!

ATL_Crawl

First Name
Trevor
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon
I didn’t have to remove the 2 black tack welded nuts in order for mine to fit. However my winch has a slight slow forward. Did I do something wrong or did Warn update the design??

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Post up a better how to.

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
So after reading this thread and watching some videos here and there. I still decided to install the warn mount plate. It was everything that everyone said it would be LOL.... :facepalm: The reason behind me making this decision is the warn mount plate is pretty stout just a pain to install and does not line up.

- Removing the fog light clips from the bumper is lame. After doing so and installing the bumper it still hangs and cannot get them to reinstall on the winch mount plate. I believe if you do not remove them fog light wiring and clips you should be fine it will not pinch when installing the bumper.

- Installing the mount plate and getting everything lined up fairly easy. Positioning the warn winch 10-S was a nightmare no room at all! I scrapped up the corners of the winch trying to set it in place and making sure it aligns to the holes where you screw in the four bolts. Still pretty pissed that my winch is all scrapped up on all corners:headbang:. I am telling you there is no room at all. The four bolts I used to secure the winch to the plate I made sure to use blue loctite and torqued it to 45lbs of torque. The last thing you want is that winch loose and moving around and getting banged up while bouncing off the rocks.

-Lastly get the Artec winch mount plate. My buddy installed it and it was painless very easy! you do not have to remove or loosen up the fog light wiring. Everything aligns and there is a fair amount of room for a winch 12 - S Platinum which he installed.

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement