Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Looking for some motivation for the soon-to-be new year? Look no further than this new Jeep JL Wrangler commercial which enthusiastically delivers this message:

A true winner doesn’t seek only the title.
 A true winner seeks GROWTH. 
A true winner seeks GREATNESS. It’s the JOURNEY. 
It’s the CHALLENGE.

If you reach your GOAL: SET A BIGGER GOAL. If you get to the top of the mountain: Find a bigger mountain! Don’t tell me it’s over. 
I’M JUST GETTING WARMED UP!
True to this message, the Jeep JL has managed to be named the Motor Trend SUV of The Year and remains king of the off-road capable SUVs by not resting on its laurels and past success.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
They had to toss the four-door people a bone , remember the Super Bowl commercial was that red two door so. LOL

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Meh. Still think the 2018 Super Bowl commercial was way better. Very subtle and got straight to the point. Plus it's a 2 door so there is that. ;)

This ad reminded me more of my annual review at work, "Hey Darrell - I see you exceeded your goal so for the next year we're increasing it!". Me..."oh joy". :swear:

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Meh. Still think the 2018 Super Bowl commercial was way better. Very subtle and got straight to the point. Plus it's a 2 door so there is that. ;)

This ad reminded me more of my annual review at work, "Hey Darrell - I see you exceeded your goal so for the next year we're increasing it!". Me..."oh joy". :swear:
Lol! I agree this is just meh. The VO talent does not do a good read of this IMO. Could have been much more impactful with a different read and pace.

Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Lol! I agree this is just meh. The VO talent does not do a good read of this IMO. Could have been much more impactful with a different read and pace.
Yea - I think that's what killed it for me - the Voice Over. He's terrible at it. And I didn't mind the 4 door because after all "It's a Jeep Thing" any which way; but I was ready to be inspired! Not. :(

To be honest I think they are now taking on and trying to be on top of this new segment of vehicles - the SUV. Albeit I've never considered the Jeep to be a truck, car, or SUV. Instead it's a Jeep. A one of a kind. That's the mindset Jeep is trying to change. "See - it's fully capable in the city as it is off road!" I get it but the delivery was poor.

JlURT

First Name
WILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlURT18'
It made me want to hop out my comfy bed and get extra work done for more jeep parts.....

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Forgettable ad. When life throws you lemons, don't make lemonade! Give the lemons back! -Cave Johnston.

Last edited:

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
Thumbs down... more emo feel-good crap instead of actually talking about the vehicle... same idiotic drivel Subaru and other car manufacturers are starting to use.

Guess they think that the “it’s-all-about-the-feels” tactic will work on the new target demographic, but as a mech/tech guy it annoys the hell out of me.

Now get off my lawn! :cwl:

Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I thought about had bad this commercial is, and then I thought about every Honda commercial I have ever seen. Talk about terrible.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
I will wait to see how of all the newly praised equipment holds up over the next years. Moving forward is good when the product equals the praise it is awarded.
Their message is similar to the peter pan principle.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase

But you didn't link the super awesome Superbowl commercial :cwl:.....

....which was so super awesome that it forced me to buy my Rubicon and make this video.....

....and also forced me to just include this commercial because it was pretty awesome too....

:jk:

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
That Superbow Jeep commercial talks shit on that recently released 4 dour Jeep “manifesto” commercial.
Sponsored