Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Yea - I think that's what killed it for me - the Voice Over. He's terrible at it. And I didn't mind the 4 door because after all "It's a Jeep Thing" any which way; but I was ready to be inspired! Not. :(

To be honest I think they are now taking on and trying to be on top of this new segment of vehicles - the SUV. Albeit I've never considered the Jeep to be a truck, car, or SUV. Instead it's a Jeep. A one of a kind. That's the mindset Jeep is trying to change. "See - it's fully capable in the city as it is off road!" I get it but the delivery was poor.
Yeah that voice needs to calm down.
Sponsored

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
To me those are too PC and were created to appease some groups...

Dig the Frisbee commercial

and this is us when we get done off roading:

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
This commercial was terrible. Agreed, Superbowl commercial was far better. I don't even know what audience this commercial was aimed at, it doesn't seem like it will appeal to anyone.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
they were probably trying to make a commercial without controversy after all the complaining from the fish people over the super bowl ad.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I would think it wise if even more than its customer base, FCA heeds their own advise here.

This is not my failure to recognize how much work went into building the JL, the hard and dedicated work of the factory line worker, or that guy at your local dealership who opens the door after closing and takes your part order without getting overtime.

What this means is that the time to get a healthy dose of paranoia (FCA) is when you're on top: as others will thereafter seek to knock you off.

The Wrangler has in large part enjoyed a monopsonistic (a supplier of one) advantage in its segment. There aren't too many other options in its price range, let alone with its aftermarket. Some believe that has been reflected in some less than optimal after sale experiences.

(This is not to have go unappreciated how many mouths the aftermarket producers help feed.)

But that dominance can change. FCA would be wise to treat customers today as if they have many competing vehicle options in their space--because you just never know.

Sure: enormous funding would be required by a Ford or GM to enter this space that they may fail at. That's in part why they don't proceed. But with Wrangler sales the way they are, that risk/reward calculation tips towards the latter.

Please don't misunderstand. I love my JL. I'd just love it to exist in a more competitive product space as consumers would benefit in the better bang for the buck that such competition would produce.

Don't think for a minute that FCA couldn't mark down their FWP (invoice) a bit and not still make sizeable profits. Offering prices are historically always introduced high to allow them to diminish as market saturation gets nearer.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
After seeing those older commercials, I felt 75 years old and I should be looking for a vehicle for my senior years. But I am not going to do the Suze Orman thing, and instead, enjoy life while I still can. Jeep all the way!

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Ridgeline
And people cried about the Super bowl commercial because the mean person was driving their environment destroying Jeep off the road, on the rocks, and across the stream causing Jeep to come out and explain it. There are just too many whiny babies anymore, I am almost surprised they let them advertise cars anymore with that darn global warming and all.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...mited-denounces-jeep-super-bowl-ad/110415144/
Sponsored