Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ford Bronco, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Realtor
Hey there,

I currently have the Roam frame mounted sliders/steps but think I should make a change. I'm bummed cause I really like the look of them but this weekend, at the Rubicon, we spent a lot of time banging on them and they flexed into the rocker and caused a little damage.

So, now looking into other options that incorporate some rocker armor. I was looking at the different options and thinking something like these might be a good option as the protection looks good and has a bit of a step. And might gain a bit of ground clearance as well.

MOTOBILT UNLIMITED CRUSHER ROCKER GUARDS W/ STEP FOR JEEP JL

Evo Bomber rockers with skins

JCR Crusader rock sliders

Anyone have any experience or feedback on these?

Any others I should consider?

Thanks
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
im looking around too. Would love rock slide eng. but I have heard mixed things about their consistency especially in winter weather places. I am leaning towards the EVO bombers. They look great and come at a fair price. I hate that they aren'r available to come coated. Another thing I'd have to pay for on top of them

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Funny i went through the same progression. Had the Roam frame-mounted on my Sport S. Had some body damage.

when i got my Rubicon i went to the Motobilt rocker panels with side step.Very happy so far, but i haven’t put them through as much abuse as i did the Roams.

in the end my problem with the Roams was they loosened up. When they loosened up they tended to cause damage. I think if had been real disciplined about tightening before i went out every time there wouldn’t have been the same damage.

OP
OP
broncoguy

broncoguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
@ThirtyOne I guess I didn't think about checking the bolts for loosening up. I'll give them a check and see if that would do the trick for now. But in the long run that seems like a hassle to always have to check them before wheeling to avoid body damage.

How was the install with the motobilts?

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
@ThirtyOne I guess I didn't think about checking the bolts for loosening up. I'll give them a check and see if that would do the trick for now. But in the long run that seems like a hassle to always have to check them before wheeling to avoid body damage.

How was the install with the motobilts?
I had @chevymitchell do it. I just wasn't comfortable punching that many holes in my Jeep. He did spin a couple of rivets during the install and they only gave us one extra. When I contacted them and asked for extras they sent me a link to buy them on Amazon. It would not have been expensive but on principle I asked that they send me the hardware free of charge which they did.

Also they ship bare steel so I had a local shop powdercoat them.

edited to add pic:

img_3136-jpg.jpg

OP
OP
broncoguy

broncoguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Realtor
Looks good. I'm a bit hesitant as well with drilling the body with all the holes. Once you go there, there's no turning back!

We'll see if I decide to go this route.

Thanks