Sponsored

Want to hear from Tube Door owners

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Its Rugged Ridge - nuff said...

But it does suck that you do not have doors until September.
Sponsored

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just talked to them again and they said they don't even have any doors in stock too take the part off a new set of doors so disappointed in these doors and the way their made. What have you done to fix these so you can still run with the doors on your jeep ?
Ive learned that the doors require regular adjustment and maintenance. One of the front door latches stopped working. I removed the cover and found the internal hardware was loose. I tighten the screws and aligned the release mechanism so the it would properly engage. I think the hardware loosens from vibration, so I’ve made a habit of checking them and make the adjustments every couple of weeks. Just last week, I got an email from Rugged Ridge to let me know that they had finally gotten to my trouble ticket and would send me the replacement hardware that I need. They said that COVID-19 had caused them a lot of problems in working through the help requests, which I understand. Last year, they sent me the improved rubber stops that are adjustable. Those worked well and allowed for the doors to fit snug.

Shawn_1121

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Rugged Ridge discontinued their tube doors... just got an email from Morris 4x4 that my order placed 4 weeks ago has been cancelled. if anyone needs the mesh inserts for the rear doors let me know.... i have a pair for sale haha

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

wow and i thought RR was supposed to be the good ones. *sigh*

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was one of the first ones that got that new rubber stopper for the rear doors that they change to. They came up with a temporary one they sent me till the new one and it still doesn't work if you could post a picture how about yours hits because mine still hits too high. I had to fabricate something from Home Depot to make it work and it's still hits too high. the rubber stopper the piece that the rubber stopper bolts onto on the rear doors it's too high and no matter what rubber stoppers on there it doesn't hit the door frame solid all the way around. if yours does show me how you did it please because mine barely it's half the rubber and I used the one they gave me and it's barely it at all also. You can take a picture I'd really appreciate show me how yours gets the entire rubber stopper on the rear doors
Here’s a couple pictures to give you an idea of where the stoppers are meeting the Jeep. The new ones keep the doors snug with no rattle.

3DCE523B-CD9C-410A-B1F2-CA2B22B5A316.jpeg

46060968-8908-4E58-99EA-F7837AFC538C.jpeg

6254688E-E543-4C70-9C05-4DEF0323DC67.jpeg

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
My pin broke last sunday night on the my rugged ridge doors. i called them and they said that latch with the pin for the doors was on a national back order and i cannot get it till after sept. i explained to them summer is about almost over in Texas at the end of Sept. I also told them i have personally have sold at least 5 or 6 sets of these doors when people always come come up to me and ask me about my rugged ridge doors because they all say where did you get them they really like them. A few weeks or months later i see them again in our jeep club or some where and they have them on their jeeps. Well i got a email the latch is being shipped and i got it on that friday. so rugged ridge sent me that latch with in 5 days and I had it on with in 5 days on my doors. Thank you rugged ridge for taking care of me and i hope you do the same for others. I have no complaints with them. they stood up and took very good care of me and for that i am very much appreciated for it. I would tell anyone wanting nice doors to take a chance on these doors they are very nice and they have a 5 year warranty on them. be careful some doors if that pin with the thread breaks you have to replace the entire door itself like on the motor city doors

Not a very good sales pitch to tell a potnetial customer "I would tell anyone wanting nice doors to take a chance on these doors ". Rugged Ridge has proven itself again and again to be a cheap product with piss poor customer service.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I don't how you got those to work. the latch doesn't have anything to do with adjusting it for the stopper to hit does it ? I thought the latch is just there for the rattle and alignment of the doors. it doesn't have anything to do with the stoppers i think. anyway the stoppers didn't work here's a photo of a bigger stopper to make it hot and it still only hit just half of it. when i put on that smaller stopper it really hits below the door frame

who makes these doors

20200726_114848.jpg

Screenshot_20200726-114829_Gallery.jpg
Those doors on JWs rig looks like Dee Zees
https://www.deezee.com/product/jeep-doors/

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon
I also have the MotorCity Tube Doors - great product, have lasted 2 summers now and have only had 1 issue with the latch coming loose...no rattle on paved roads but you will get some noise off-road. Pretty happy with the product and good customer service!

20200620_095530.jpg

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Altitude
I am getting a set of open box Mopar tube doors on Monday Feb 1, 22. From what I seen from these open box there are 4 doors and 4 straps. Is that all that comes with these doors?. I want to make sure I don't end up missing some item that will be impossible to get.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting a set of open box Mopar tube doors on Monday Feb 1, 22. From what I seen from these open box there are 4 doors and 4 straps. Is that all that comes with these doors?. I want to make sure I don't end up missing some item that will be impossible to get.
Mine came ready to install. Nothing more needed, just some adjustment with hinges and door stops.
Sponsored