Sponsored

Want to hear from Tube Door owners

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
I started shopping for tube doors. Quality is more important than price to me. Would love to hear from people that have actually used them and wanna hear the pros and cons and if they regret the ones they bought
Sponsored

Salt1972

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD + 2016 JKU
Following. I don't care for the mirror options when the doors are removed and we're considering tube doors for mirrors.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
I am not real concerned if you can use mirrors are not. But a limiting strap or hard stop would be nice so door didnt open too far

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
Well i guess everyone hates tube doors.

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
Well i guess everyone hates tube doors.
LOL - I have Steinjager tube doors on my JLUR. Went with red to sort of match the Rubicon red paint scheme. Not the most popular brand but they have color options and are relatively cheap (~$600 for a set of four). They have a pin and latch system and I use Coyote mirrors attached to the cowl on the hood so the tube doors are a pretty clean look.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
LOL - I have Steinjager tube doors on my JLUR. Went with red to sort of match the Rubicon red paint scheme. Not the most popular brand but they have color options and are relatively cheap (~$600 for a set of four). They have a pin and latch system and I use Coyote mirrors attached to the cowl on the hood so the tube doors are a pretty clean look.
Cool. I think I'm ok without mirrors. Love to see pics of them. I'm leaning toward Mopar as of now

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Police Officer, Firefighter, EMT, ARFF
I have the mopar tube doors. I love the looks and overall the quality is great. The only issue I have is the rubber head screw that prevents rattles. My rubber head screws shredded within the first year of use. I cannot seem to find replacements and dealerships give me the runaround. I use electrical tape now which works as a great alternative but it would be nice to find replacement screws. Other than that I love them.

C76B8273-5590-4577-BE9B-36CE82BF1927.jpeg

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
I have the mopar tube doors. I love the looks and overall the quality is great. The only issue I have is the rubber head screw that prevents rattles. My rubber head screws shredded within the first year of use. I cannot seem to find replacements and dealerships give me the runaround. I use electrical tape now which works as a great alternative but it would be nice to find replacement screws. Other than that I love them.

Looks good. I am about to pull the trigger on the Mopars as well. Does the factory bolt mount the door to the hinge? Sucks about the stopper. Did the rubber part just come apart?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X

What mirrors do you have and how do they moun . Looks like in pic they mount inside the jeep

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Looks good. I am about to pull the trigger on the Mopars as well. Does the factory bolt mount the door to the hinge? Sucks about the stopper. Did the rubber part just come apart?
Yes. Bolts right up with factory hardware. Very solid doors. It’s almost like the stopper dry rotted
and just shredded apart. I just wrap a thin layer of electrical tape around the latch now and it does a surprisingly good job at keeping the door from rattling. It’s unfortunate that I can’t seem to replace the stoppers but I’m satisfied with how well the tape works for now.

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
What mirrors do you have and how do they moun . Looks like in pic they mount inside the jeep
Thats the CMM mirrors. They mount using bolts for the grab handle inside the Jeep. They are a little more expensive than most mirrors but the finish and quality is absolutely fantastic. No vibrations at all. The owner of the company is awesome too.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
Thanks for the info. I will probably buy those doors tonite. Have to check out the mirrors as well.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Yes. Bolts right up with factory hardware. Very solid doors. It’s almost like the stopper dry rotted
and just shredded apart. I just wrap a thin layer of electrical tape around the latch now and it does a surprisingly good job at keeping the door from rattling. It’s unfortunate that I can’t seem to replace the stoppers but I’m satisfied with how well the tape works for now.
I have the Mopar doors too and love them except for the same issue with the door stopper. I currently stuck a rubber stick on to my body where the screw should touch. Something like the pictures here.

866C78EA-AA6A-4399-845A-B97039E56B24.jpeg

5B80F3ED-07DD-4DE7-A0A2-C7E52A266FB5.jpeg
Sponsored