Revmarc

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
That’s ok with our 7.5 rim width?
Yep. I believe 7.5-10 inches wide is the recommended wheel width for that tire. I talked to several wheel and tire pros whose opinion I trust and they all said it was good to go.
Sponsored

Les-Boots

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
That’s ok with our 7.5 rim width?
I have the same question.

These tires indicate 8-10" Rims are suitable, with 8.5" being the preferred size.

Obviously they fit, but are there long term problems with this configuration?

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I have the same question.

These tires indicate 8-10" Rims are suitable, with 8.5" being the preferred size.

Obviously they fit, but are there long term problems with this configuration?
I know one of the problems with skinny rims is if you need to air down a lot you could break bead

Revmarc

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
From what I've been told there's .5 inch off of the official "recommendation" that remains inside of safe parameters for everyday operation. In extreme cases anything can happen--hence why the legal departments for all manufacturers prefer for the official recommendations to be within an umbrella margin. Now that obviously changes depending on the item and circumstances of use and operation, but in this case it seems .5" gets a wink and a nod. I've run a number of wheel/tire combos over the years within that variance and never had a problem. That being said, it's officially buyer beware beyond their recommendations.

Sponsored

Moe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Fit
Occupation
Retired X 2 = 23 years USAF + 23 years IT
Keep in mind these LT285/65R18 K02s are only 285 mm (11.2") or the specified 11.5" when installed on 8.5" wide wheels. They're probably closer to 265 mm/10.5" section width on factory 7.5" rims. @Revmarc could measure them for us. They're also only 1/2" larger in diameter and only add 1/4" to ground clearance. These factors predict less of a problem with rubbing than the size may indicate, at least until the front swaybar is disconnected.

Note they are 58 pound Load Range E versus the stock Bridgestones' 37 pounds (and the stock size D range K02's 51 pounds). Stronger, stiffer sidewalls, more load on the tire carrier and tailgate hinges, and more rotating mass for the brakes to stop. These predict a little harder ride (even at the same pressure) and reduced fuel mileage. And for proponents of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act consider it only applies to replacement with components of the same specification (the K02s are available in the stock size, which is barely smaller than these on factory wheels).

Last edited:

Moe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Fit
Occupation
I know one of the problems with skinny rims is if you need to air down a lot you could break bead
Skinnier wheels (to a point) are considered better for the tire bead not unseating. It normally jumps off to the inside (in a turn) rather than to the outside.

Skinnier wheels do tend to pull the outside of the tread up a tad, putting more wear on the center.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Keep in mind these LT285/65R18 K02s are only 285 mm (11.2") or the specified 11.5" when installed on 8.5" wide wheels. They're probably closer to 265 mm/10.5" section width on factory 7.5" rims. @Revmarc could measure them for us. They're also only 1/2" larger in diameter and only add 1/4" to ground clearance. These factors predict less of a problem with rubbing than the size may indicate, at least until the front swaybar is disconnected.

Note they are 58 pound Load Range E versus the stock Bridgestones' 37 pounds (and the stock size D range K02's 51 pounds). Stronger, stiffer sidewalls, more load on the tire carrier and tailgate hinges, and more rotating mass for the brakes to stop. These predict a little harder ride (even at the same pressure) and reduced fuel mileage. And for proponents of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act consider it only applies to replacement with components of the same specification (the K02s are available in the stock size, which is barely smaller than these on factory wheels).
Definitely was gonna go with the stock dimension, the inch difference or so in diameter doesn’t matter to me, and I’d rather keep it as close as how it was designed to work (I already hear the hard core Wrangler tuners laugh about it lol)

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Definitely was gonna go with the stock dimension, the inch difference or so in diameter doesn’t matter to me, and I’d rather keep it as close as how it was designed to work (I already hear the hard core Wrangler tuners laugh about it lol)
Planning on doing the same. Just keep it stock (for some time) but wanted to know if 33s would fit or what dimensions on the sport.

Eventually I would like to lift it but my main priority right now is just getting my JL :angry:

OP
OP

Fernando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Boxster
Planning on doing the same. Just keep it stock (for some time) but wanted to know if 33s would fit or what dimensions on the sport.

Eventually I would like to lift it but my main priority right now is just getting my JL :angry:
Dealer told me the 33s in the new JL dont Need lift at all....

Sponsored

Moe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Fit
Occupation
That's what I've read but without having someone that has done it confirm it, I wouldn't take a dealers word lol
When their lips are moving... :)

One factor may be whether you intend to disconnect the front sway bar for increased articulation.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
When their lips are moving... :)

One factor may be whether you intend to disconnect the front sway bar for increased articulation.
Most likely not, I would be hitting low trails and some mud. No Moab (for some time perhaps) or running over a mother in law sized boulder

Ceez

First Name
Ceez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Where did u buy these? What’s a fair price to pay for these tires?