• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Want to Buy Premium OR Sailcloth Softtop for JLU

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Like title says - either soft top is fine (using for summers only). I'm in Northeast PA, Allentown/Reading/Hazleton area, but willing to travel up to a couple hours.
Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Like title says - either soft top is fine (using for summers only). I'm in Northeast PA, Allentown/Reading/Hazleton area, but willing to travel up to a couple hours.
Premium obviously.
The cheap softtop is made from the same material a garbage bag is made of and looks like it. If you plan on being deaf, then eventually throwing it away anyway and getting some aftermarket soft top from Besttop for the same price, the non premium option is perfect.
The premium top looks like you spent $50K on a convertible and is much quieter and last much longer.

OP
OP

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@Majestic

Uhm... so do you have a soft top or what the heck was that post?

Also, you have no idea of my needs, so I don't get this very unhelpful and slightly rude response. I've done my research.

For me, a soft top for the summer is going to serve two purposes and two purposes only: the primary purpose is to be DOWN 99.9% of the time and therefore as close to not even a top as possible, and the secondary purpose is to be up only in the case of torrential downpours. I would fashion a foldable roof made of beach towels if I could do it without it looking ridiculous.

Can we please keep responses on this board to people who actually have the item being sought or otherwise non passive-aggressive insight? Thanks.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
@Majestic

Uhm... so do you have a soft top or what the heck was that post?

Also, you have no idea of my needs, so I don't get this very unhelpful and slightly rude response. I've done my research.

For me, a soft top for the summer is going to serve two purposes and two purposes only: the primary purpose is to be DOWN 99.9% of the time and therefore as close to not even a top as possible, and the secondary purpose is to be up only in the case of torrential downpours. I would fashion a foldable roof made of beach towels if I could do it without it looking ridiculous.

Can we please keep responses on this board to people who actually have the item being sought or otherwise non passive-aggressive insight? Thanks.
I have the premium top and you asked and i told you. If you don’t like the answer don’t ask the question.
If you just want to keep the rain off your head and save a few hundred bucks, then knock yourself out with the cheap top. Sounds like you already made up your mind and just wanted somebody to confirm your opinion. Not sure why you even started this thread.

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
I have the premium top and you asked and i told you. If you don’t like the answer don’t ask the question.
If you just want to keep the rain off your head and save a few hundred bucks, then knock yourself out with the cheap top. Sounds like you already made up your mind and just wanted somebody to confirm your opinion. Not sure why you even started this thread.
Its a thread for him wanting to buy a soft top if another member is selling one. He wasnt asking for your opinions on the matter.

Sponsored

jimijames14

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company Car - but waiting on my Wrangler JLUR :)
If anyone is selling, I'd like to buy one too. I had purchased the dual top group and put my soft top on last weekend. It lasted 1 day. I drove to work, garage was too low, and it clipped the roof and snapped the metal brackets. It's ruined my whole summer. :(

OP
OP

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Bump - still looking. PA area.
Sponsored