Sponsored

Want to add 35's to Stock Rubicon Wheels

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.
Ok, so I just picked up my JLU Rubicon and now I would like to update my tires. I am looking at all-terrain (AT) tires, but not sure which brands to look at. All I know is that I think the 35's would do ok without a lift also I am not opposed to 315/70 17 as they are relatively close in size to the 35's. Your assistance in helping me choose is appreciated.
Sponsored

Hubtech

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB JKUR
Youā€™ll be fine in a rubi and 35. I drove mine around a few days on 37s while waiting for my lift to deliver.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Rolling on 35" BFG's have the 2" spacer not needed. I am going bigger same tire in 37 but waiting for steps to come in.

IMG_20180820_200220962.jpg

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No spacer here but I do like the wider look. Fenders hinges and door jam already pitted pretty good from rocks have you noticed any additional damage from running the spacers?

Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
No spacer here but I do like the wider look. Fenders hinges and door jam already pitted pretty good from rocks have you noticed any additional damage from running the spacers?
I have some chipped paint on door hinges, but that can happen no matter the setup. I the first song is tough then after that I realize itā€™s a Jeep and itā€™s going to happen. If you do run spacers, the Synergy brand is 1 5/8ā€, so not too much extra width and the tires still tuck nicely into the fenders. My build thread has a few pics.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have some chipped paint on door hinges, but that can happen no matter the setup. I the first song is tough then after that I realize itā€™s a Jeep and itā€™s going to happen. If you do run spacers, the Synergy brand is 1 5/8ā€, so not too much extra width and the tires still tuck nicely into the fenders. My build thread has a few pics.
Thanks will check it out.

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Running 37x12.5s on stock wheels no lift right now. No issues daily driving at all other than a couple times rear inner fenders have rubbed a bit. Consider the @R 3 door hinge protectors if you are worried about the rock chips. On tires if you donā€™t want full MT but want the aggressive look consider the cooper st maxx. Picked up a used set while I decided on 37or 35s and pretty happy with them noise wise and all.

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I installed 2" spacers from Bora a month ago. No more rocks than without the spacers - either because my tires are worn a bit more or because the rocks are getting chucked behind me instead of into the door jams and fenders.
I really want to get the metalcloak overland fenders but not ready to drop another 1k.
Sponsored