Sponsored

Want The Real Scoop On ESS (Engine Start/Stop)? Watch This Video!

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
ESS is a scourge. Mine took a chit twice. Does anyone really believe they did a thing to the starter to beef it up? lol

Get a tazer and be done with the stupidity! ;)
The tazer under my dash made me forget all about this stupid feature on the Jeep until I read these posts. Reminds me of how well spent the $$ was.
Sponsored

RoadNomad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
This video is a 100% truthful and accurate explanation of the ESS/Auto Stop-Start system which we can thank Toyota for originally inventing back in the late 2000's.

I am amazed of how many people will view this and still think its a great idea and continue to use it.
I ask why? You would not purposely do something to your Jeep that would damage it over the long term or cost you more money, would you?

Then why continue to use ESS especially when there are easy ways to circumvent it? Its not cost effective, it doesn't reduce your carbon footprint, you won't be invited to an Obama at a boy party, finally and most important, it won't make your Jeep last longer! Add to that the complexity of the AUX battery and the problems it causes when it fails. I think the first time your stuck on the side of the road or have to be towed to a dealer facility you will change your mind. I won't even mention the bill!

Be educated consumers and just don't play this game.