Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
This Friday will be 15 weeks for me. My first estimated ship date was 9/1, fell back to D status so that didnā€™t happen. Now Iā€™m in D1 again (last I checked) with an estimated ship date of 10/1. Give two weeks for shipping (at the least) and that puts me at 18 weeks. I bet it wonā€™t come before 20 weeks.

On the bright side I just got some new wheels today, Baja boss atā€™s coming end of the week.
šŸ¤” I guess I need to buy a automated tire changer and balancer now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Wanna join the 15+ week club? 62AE440C-0CD1-4233-8B11-4AF934CBB9F0

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Can I join even if mine has shipped šŸ˜‚
First order 5/15
Order cancelled by Jeep after 5 weeks in Paint Stage, 12 weeks total. New Vin, New Von, whole new Jeep. Told the dealer it's been a shit show, just keep the new order when it comes, that's not my Jeep and give me my $500 deposit back. He refused. Don't order from Linn, Mo.

2nd order from Gupton has been much more pleasant but I did order 7/12. 70+ days but not their fault. Was forced to order XR package to order a Rubi. XR's didn't start production until mid-September.

So 5 months since my original order, 150 days, its finally on a train headed my way.

Sponsored

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
This wait better be worth it in the end. If I end up with a lemon or a jeep that has multiple issues for the time.of ownership, It will absolutely be my last jeep ever!.....Im not going through this shit again. No repeat business from me jeep. Sorry

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
This wait better be worth it in the end. If I end up with a lemon or a jeep that has multiple issues for the time.of ownership, It will absolutely be my last jeep ever!.....Im not going through this shit again. No repeat business from me jeep. Sorry
I'm kinda looking at it from a different angle.

I'm just assuming I'm gonna have problems, then if I actually don't it will be a good day.

Like you tho, we actually have to get them first.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have to laugh when you consider no news to be good news.

Referencing the image below of an email from FCA Customer "Support" I received moments ago.

When I saw the subject line, I said.... a few choice words out loud (sounded like Samuel Jackson in my head) because I had been waiting for them to extend my delivery yet again for the 5th time.

Imagine my surprise that instead they just repeated the 4th extension dates they sent Monday. Keep in mind the 4th is still a week and a half away.

Now, before you get excited, we all know the 5th extension to 10/11 will be soon coming.

Serenity Now!

Jeep Wrangler JL Wanna join the 15+ week club? 20210923_084815

GCM4XE

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4XE
You have to laugh when you consider no news to be good news.

Referencing the image below of an email from FCA Customer "Support" I received moments ago.

When I saw the subject line, I said.... a few choice words out loud (sounded like Samuel Jackson in my head) because I had been waiting for them to extend my delivery yet again for the 5th time.

Imagine my surprise that instead they just repeated the 4th extension dates they sent Monday. Keep in mind the 4th is still a week and a half away.

Now, before you get excited, we all know the 5th extension to 10/11 will be soon coming.

Serenity Now!

Jeep Wrangler JL Wanna join the 15+ week club? 20210923_084815
How do I start a conversation like this with them? I called customer care yesterday and all I got was vague kind of robotic answers. I would like to have my order expedited (whatever that actually means). Its been over 10 weeks..

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do I start a conversation like this with them? I called customer care yesterday and all I got was vague kind of robotic answers. I would like to have my order expedited (whatever that actually means). Its been over 10 weeks..
Escalated means nothing as far as we can tell.

The only difference I noticed is I get an occasional email that extends my delivery date by a couple weeks.

You can ask them to escalate you. Donr expect much tho.

Sponsored

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
Sometimes long build times happen even when their isn't all the made up Covid and supply issues in the World. /s
I ordered my '19 on 9/12/2018 and didn't take deliver until 1/2/2019.
Dang, almost 4 months, back 3 years ago.

tjbaparker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Can I join even if mine has shipped šŸ˜‚
First order 5/15
Order cancelled by Jeep after 5 weeks in Paint Stage, 12 weeks total. New Vin, New Von, whole new Jeep. Told the dealer it's been a shit show, just keep the new order when it comes, that's not my Jeep and give me my $500 deposit back. He refused. Don't order from Linn, Mo.

2nd order from Gupton has been much more pleasant but I did order 7/12. 70+ days but not their fault. Was forced to order XR package to order a Rubi. XR's didn't start production until mid-September.

So 5 months since my original order, 150 days, its finally on a train headed my way.
This is not encouraging to me because I ordered mine at Jim Butler in Linn, MO.
It has been 12 weeks and 6 days and I have been kicked back out of D1 status twice now.
Again I am pissed and without a car.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
This is not encouraging to me because I ordered mine at Jim Butler in Linn, MO.
It has been 12 weeks and 6 days and I have been kicked back out of D1 status twice now.
Again I am pissed and without a car.
Ya. Bad experience for me. Zero communication. Any info I got was from Jeep chat. I would ask and he would say ā€œLet me ask my managerā€. JC kept saying I was in paint stage. Thatā€™s usually 1-2 day stage. After 5 weeks in paint my whole order was cancelled by Jeep. Gave me a whole new VIN and VON. Nobody at Butler could tell me why. I wouldnā€™t have known I started over if I hadnā€™t check with Jeep. I told him, this has been a shit show since the beginning. I know thereā€™s a new order but I donā€™t wonā€™t it. Iā€™m going somewhere else. Since Jeep cancelled my original order, Iā€™m respectfully requesting my $500 deposit back. I didnā€™t cancel, Jeep did. They would not return my deposit. Sold the 2nd Jeep off the lot for MSRP and kept my deposit. Pretty crappy but not surprised. Went with Gupton close to Nashville. XR Rubi will be delivered any day. Iā€™m sure you will be fine. I just didnā€™t like the no communication. Then I find out they require sales tax be paid at the dealership. Iā€™m getting a tax credit from my state for selling my truck. Was gonna have to pay full sales tax at dealer, then get a refund from state. Hard pass. Bad experience snd they wouldnā€™t make it right and Iā€™m easy. Again. Iā€™m sure yours will go smoothly.

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
Week 3. 2 door white Willy, 6 speed, cold weather, GG, premium sound. D status.
Sponsored