Wanna join the 15+ week club?

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The ONLY thing I can think of to explain the delay is that Jeep may be prioritizing loaded Wranglers first. Those with higher trim levels and more profits. All companies do that, unfortunately.
I had the same thought. But that would have worked in my favor. JLURD w/ almost everything imaginable and an embarrassingly high MSRP. Ordered 7 weeks and 4 days ago, so 8 week club imminent. Still in D.
Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
I had the same thought. But that would have worked in my favor. JLURD w/ almost everything imaginable and an embarrassingly high MSRP. Ordered 7 weeks and 4 days ago, so 8 week club imminent. Still in D.
I orderd a JLURD fully loaded with half doors except I got a color matched 3 piece hardtop instead of the SOT. Ordered 13 weeks ago tomorrow, just recently dropped from D1 back to D. It might come before Christmas…

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I orderd a JLURD fully loaded with half doors except I got a color matched 3 piece hardtop instead of the SOT. Ordered 13 weeks ago tomorrow, just recently dropped from D1 back to D. It might come before Christmas…
Yuck, sorry. That's awful. I've dropped back to D three times now, at least according to a shift from "gathered" to "gathering" in Jeep Chat. The only things I really _didn't_ get were any hard top option and the half doors.

It's not the wait I mind as much as the lack of information. =(

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
Yuck, sorry. That's awful. I've dropped back to D three times now, at least according to a shift from "gathered" to "gathering" in Jeep Chat. The only things I really _didn't_ get were any hard top option and the half doors.

It's not the wait I mind as much as the lack of information. =(
The only date I had was an estimated ship date of 9/1 the dealer gave me a few weeks ago. Now that that’s passed and I’m back in D It makes the wait harder. I agree the lack of information is the worst part.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The only date I had was an estimated ship date of 9/1 the dealer gave me a few weeks ago. Now that that’s passed and I’m back in D It makes the wait harder. I agree the lack of information is the worst part.
Pretty much the same, “it says the end of the month” during August. Now it’s “we don’t have a date, hopefully this month.”

They’ve blamed it on chips a couple of times, but they makes little sense and o me as the ones before me that were ordered after… also need chips?

Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Pretty much the same, “it says the end of the month” during August. Now it’s “we don’t have a date, hopefully this month.”

They’ve blamed it on chips a couple of times, but they makes little sense and o me as the ones before me that were ordered after… also need chips?
I blame Tier I & II suppliers. They are probably missing their ship dates and commitments so that is interrupting the flow of material and build schedules are shifting. :(

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I blame Tier I & II suppliers. They are probably missing their ship dates and commitments so that is interrupting the flow of material and build schedules are shifting. :(
Yeah, the thought crossed my mind. I know little about manufacturing so everything is just assumption on my part. For what it's worth, the dealer reached out this morning and noted that it just seems to be sitting there and they're going to see if they can figure anything out as well.

So it isn't like they're not being helpful, it's that the ordering process is a rather opaque box full of razorblades and pain.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
officially @8weeks......Im digging around for a new jeep somewhere near me to eventually " settle" on.....won't be exactly what I ordered but at this point I dont care. I just want a damn jeep....always wanted a.Rubicon but I will settle for a Willys......

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
officially @8weeks......Im digging around for a new jeep somewhere near me to eventually " settle" on.....won't be exactly what I ordered but at this point I dont care. I just want a damn jeep....always wanted a.Rubicon but I will settle for a Willys......
Good luck

Sponsored

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
[Vent]
12+ weeks, still no Jeep.
7,142,825 Wranglers driving around topless.
Perfect weather.
Makes me want to beat someone at FCA with a windshield wiper.
[End Vent]

Screenshot_20210911-102021_1Weather.jpg

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
[Vent]
12+ weeks, still no Jeep.
7,142,825 Wranglers driving around topless.
Perfect weather.
Makes me want to beat someone at FCA with a windshield wiper.
[End Vent]

Jeep Wrangler JL Wanna join the 15+ week club? Screenshot_20210911-102021_1Weather
What would you do if you were me and waiting 7 months with no vin.

Beat FCA with a tire? LOL!
End vent.