Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
When do they switch model year?
I would think they’ll have to produce’21’s pretty quickly.
Supposedly they’re taking orders until October 5 so anything placed before then they will be produced as a 2021 even if that means at the beginning of December or end of November.
Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats! Love the 2 door 6 speed manual Jeep. My dealership just provided my VIN. I'm in D status. Love Hawaii BTW. Aloha!
Ordered my JLUW with manual, soft-top, aux/towing package, and technology package. Sarge Green with tan interior! I ordered 8/30, received VON and VIN# already. Checked with JC on 9/7 but no codes yet. Did the dealer tell you what D status is?

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
Ordered my JLUW with manual, soft-top, aux/towing package, and technology package. Sarge Green with tan interior! I ordered 8/30, received VON and VIN# already. Checked with JC on 9/7 but no codes yet. Did the dealer tell you what D status is?
D= firm schedule: serial number assigned. My dealer said D status is awaiting a firm build date.

Draelor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I’m at 11 weeks now (ordered 6/21). Been in “D” status for about the last 8 weeks. Nothing special, Sport S, 2-door, soft too, 6-speed.
The ONLY thing I can think of to explain the delay is that Jeep may be prioritizing loaded Wranglers first. Those with higher trim levels and more profits. All companies do that, unfortunately.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
The ONLY thing I can think of to explain the delay is that Jeep may be prioritizing loaded Wranglers first. Those with higher trim levels and more profits. All companies do that, unfortunately.
I ordered
Jeep Rubicon unlimited
Cold weather group
Safety group.
LED group.
Tow package
Dual top
Steel bumper group
Etc.
I have been waiting close to 7 months.
Mind you I am in Canada where it takes longer than US customers.

It is ridiculous how FCA / Stellantis treats Canadian customers like second class citizens!
Sorry guys just venting.

I think I am going to start the 6 month plus club.

FenderCustom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392, Audi R8
I've been waiting for a 392 since June. It was a dealer order originally placed in December.

RichardAK

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I was wondering about that but it wasn’t obvious looking at the other Wranglers ordered and their delivery dates. But it sounds like a likely reason…

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I also ordered on September 2nd! Sarge Green 2 door 6 speed manual Willys with half doors and AC. I'm hoping that I receive an update soon (or at least a VIN soon). Congrats on your new car!
Add me to the 9/2 order list.
2 door Sport S soft top
3.6L ESS
Auto
Alpine
Tech
Cold Weather
Convenience
GG
Granite Crystal wheels
All terrain
LED

Dealer told me today they will contact me in a few days with update.

Sponsored