Sponsored

Wanna join the 15+ week club?

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Ok so looks like your waiting some more for a delivery.... It sucks to keep getting pushed back but hey, at least your rig is built. I still sit in the parts gathering stage at week 9........
Sponsored

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
My luck will have mine built on last day of 2021....new years eve....then sit somewhere for 2 months waiting to be delivered. Then there will be snowstorms to prolong it some more and I might get it around march sitting next to a minty fresh 22!....that blows ass

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey people,
World most patient man here.

That said, the crazy is bubbling to the surface. The heavy bag gonna get a good workout this morning.

Man I wish I knew Morgan Freeman to call FCA for me.

This mornings gift waiting in my inbox.

20210920_072839.jpg
Yuck. I'm a pretty patient dude too, so it isn't the wait. It's the lack of information and then updates like this. It feels like I'm getting jerked around. Like, I got an email from "Jeff", who introduced himself as someone personally watching my case due to three regressions, but it came from a 'no-reply' address without any means to contact him. WTF is that?

My dealer is telling me it's scheduled for the second week in October and I ordered on 7/15, which puts me right at 12 weeks if my quick math is right. Dealer also noted they have about three orders stuck in this spot now so they're contacting their regional rep. But Jeep tells me they have no date and to just keep checking back "next week." I'm giving you 60k. Maybe give me a place to go look and see the current status and estimated delivery date and make that easy and consistent?

A BMW at the same price point is night and day different. State updates, pictures of the line, and so on.

Little719

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Today officially starts week 8 on my build😩, same update from JC for the last 4 weeks all parts gathered build staring soon 🤦‍♂️….

Sponsored

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I was telling my wife this morning what pisses me off is, after working in corporate life, I just know there is a scheduling gal somewhere in FCA, let's call her Marge. I picture her as a 61yo, chain-smoking, former stenographer from New Jersey, that joined FCA 20 years ago.

Marge, could in 3 mouse clicks, well, wait, we are talking FCA, so doubtful they are advanced enough to have adopted mice yet, so in 3 DOS-based program key strokes, could have my Jeep on its way, right now.

I'm trying to hold it together, but it is very frustrating indeed.

Sorry I'm feeling a bit 🐿 today.

CT_Matty78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR (ordered 9/14)
Occupation
Graphic Designer + Photographer
Marge, could in 3 mouse clicks, well, wait, we are talking FCA, so doubtful they are advanced enough to have adopted mice yet, so in 3 DOS-based program key strokes, could have my Jeep on its way, right now.
Ah ha ha ha ha

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I was telling my wife this morning what pisses me off is, after working in corporate life, I just know there is a scheduling gal somewhere in FCA, let's call her Marge. I picture her as a 61yo, chain-smoking, former stenographer from New Jersey, that joined FCA 20 years ago.

I'm trying to hold it together, but it is very frustrating indeed.

Sorry I'm feeling a bit 🐿 today.
That's funny. I picture a room full of "Mad Men" style dudes talking through how we can't change the process and need to optimize for maximum margin and cash flow, all while designing communications such that we feel like our business actually matters. The conversation that I imagine goes something like this:

Oh! Make them think there's an "escalation process" and they'll believe we're expediting their orders, that'll buy us three weeks!

Good one! Let's do that! Oh oh, let's also give them no way to track anything, and give them snippets of information which mean very little when they actually ask! If they happen to get frustrated... we just send them to the dealer!

I like it! Oh, one more -- let's actually have our support emails come from a 'no-reply' address, and we'll just keep telling them to check back in a week. Given that model, we can probably also reduce support staff requirements!

Perfect! That last one will certainly make for a higher annual bonus, because we're cutting operational costs too!

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's funny. I picture a room full of "Mad Men" style dudes talking through how we can't change the process and need to optimize for maximum margin and cash flow, all while designing communications such that we feel like our business actually matters. The conversation that I imagine goes something like this:

Oh! Make them think there's an "escalation process" and they'll believe we're expediting their orders, that'll buy us three weeks!

Good one! Let's do that! Oh oh, let's also give them no way to track anything, and give them snippets of information which mean very little when they actually ask! If they happen to get frustrated... we just send them to the dealer!

I like it! Oh, one more -- let's actually have our support emails come from a 'no-reply' address, and we'll just keep telling them to check back in a week. Given that model, we can probably also reduce support staff requirements!

Perfect! That last one will certainly make for a higher annual bonus, because we're cutting operational costs too!

What's even better is I have be "escalated" TWICE.

When I mentioned to the fella I had been escalated a month ago, he said, oh I'm escalating you to a different department that can actual do something. They will review and contact you straight away.

That was 4 days ago and..... wait for it... wait for it....

Nada, Nothing, Zilch

jl629

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe rubicon
Week 13 here

3rd push back in Build date
0 ETA

Not even built, someone with same color trim spec had theirs delivered in 6 weeks. I’ve been lurking this forum, this company is pathetic to be honest, I had better customer service at taco bell and that’s pretty sad

I’m luckily in a position that I was able to get another vehicle for the time being but people who ordered for the lease deals are pretty much getting shit in by down going residual and higher MF rates, these dealerships set us up for failure; if we cancel they just turn around and sell at markup.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Sometimes long build times happen even when their isn't all the made up Covid and supply issues in the World. /s
I ordered my '19 on 9/12/2018 and didn't take deliver until 1/2/2019.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assuming the VIN's are sequential, Gupton just received a JLU which was built more than 42,000 units after mine, which is still on a lot in Toledo, or somewhere over the rainbow, hiding with Waldo or possibly hanging with Starman, whose current location is 147,493,772+ miles (237,368,290 km) from Earth

Lord knows no one at FCA has a clue where it is.

Just cancelled my airfare for the 3rd time now, after the 4th drop date reschedule by FCA.

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
New forum member here... first post in fact. Not part of the club but will be keeping a close watch as I just ordered a week ago and after finding this thread... not feeling optimistic I get mine before the end of the year. Here's hoping I don' t join the club... no offense!

Order Date: 9/11/2021
2021 JLU Rubicon
granite crystal metallic

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New forum member here... first post in fact. Not part of the club but will be keeping a close watch as I just ordered a week ago and after finding this thread... not feeling optimistic I get mine before the end of the year. Here's hoping I don' t join the club... no offense!

Order Date: 9/11/2021
2021 JLU Rubicon
granite crystal metallic
Well we hope to heck you don't need to join either. :)
It seems like to me things are running a bit faster these days. I hope so for all you guys.

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Hopefully the fact that Jeep seems to be wrapping up accepting new 2021 orders means they can spend the next month or two actually finishing the builds that have been languishing since late spring/early summer.
Sponsored