Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
So I traded in my 18 JLUSport S for a 2021 Rubi. My Sport has a lift, Roam steps, Smittybilt Winch, etc, etc. It's a nice Jeep, not crazy but nice. So I was very happy when Prestige Jeep in Longmont, CO gave me 28500 for trade. I owed quite a bit less than that.

So I'm chuckling a bit when they asked $36093 on their website.
https://www.prestigechryslerdodge.c...-sport-4wd-4d-sport-utility-1c4hjxdg2jw195677

It's really a nice Jeep, but $36000 nice? If they can get that kind of money for it, good for them. I was thinking they'd as $33K at the most.
Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
So I traded in my 18 JLUSport S for a 2021 Rubi. My Sport has a lift, Roam steps, Smittybilt Winch, etc, etc. It's a nice Jeep, not crazy but nice. So I was very happy when Prestige Jeep in Longmont, CO gave me 28500 for trade. I owed quite a bit less than that.

So I'm chuckling a bit when they asked $36093 on their website.
https://www.prestigechryslerdodge.c...-sport-4wd-4d-sport-utility-1c4hjxdg2jw195677

It's really a nice Jeep, but $36000 nice? If they can get that kind of money for it, good for them. I was thinking they'd as $33K at the most.
Doesn’t that suck seeing how much a dealer is trying to make off of you lol. Nice looking Jeep you had, how’s your rubi compare? I’m anxiously waiting for mine to arrive. Never had a jeep before tho but am super excited

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn’t that suck seeing how much a dealer is trying to make off of you lol. Nice looking Jeep you had, how’s your rubi compare? I’m anxiously waiting for mine to arrive. Never had a jeep before tho but am super excited
Honestly, if they can get it, more power to them. I think they gave me a fair offer so beyond that, it’s their business. But I do think that amount is hilariously high.

Anyways, the Rubi is great. the steering is vastly better than it was on my 2018 Sport. I’m planning the mods for it now.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Honestly, if they can get it, more power to them. I think they gave me a fair offer so beyond that, it’s their business. But I do think that amount is hilariously high.

Anyways, the Rubi is great. the steering is vastly better than it was on my 2018 Sport. I’m planning the mods for it now.
IMHO, the dealer got a deal getting that jeep for $28,500 considering it has nice factory upgrades and you added a OEM steel bumper, winch, steps, lift, wheels, lights. A $36k starting dealer price snt too high..I bet it sells for around $34k. You could've removed and sold separately the steel bumper, winch, steps, lift, wheels, lights on hood and gone back to stock and probably received the same trade offer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That’s more than i paid new for my 2018 Sport S.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA

as long as you're happy with your deal, that's all that matters. good to hear about the steering being better

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
😏I paid less for my NEW ‘20 Sport S with Auo, LSD, 2.0, Hardtop and XM radio last summer. Dealers are real tools....

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
When I went to dump my POS 2018 JKUR Recon with 8,000 miles, the Toyota dealer offered me $37,000 in trade for a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road.

KBB said my JK was worth between $35,000 and $39,000 in trade. So I took it.

Next thing I know, they have the Jeep parked in the front row listed for $45,000! It sat there for two months without any takers.

By the time Memorial Weekend came, they slashed the price down to $37,000. It sold in a split second.

They got so greedy that in the end they made no money on it. Dealers are just weird.

Good riddance
Jeep Wrangler JL Wanna buy my old Jeep? 031D617B-D9A1-41CB-B35D-48F7B45109AF

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
I price my Jeeps / Ram Trucks at CarMax. They want One Owner, under 100,000 miles, & no frame damage. CarMax does not care how old the vehicle is. They will buy anything. Their culls will go to their lower dealer auction the next Monday. My last 2 Jeeps ('12, & '18), & a '07 Ram Truck, CarMax offered me $1,000 over KBB, individual, to individual. I showed my interested friends the CarMax offers, & they bought all 3 for the same price. In '13, I had a '09 Caliber RT. CarMax offered me $3,000 more than the Jeep dealer would give me trade in on a new JKU. I sold that RT to CarMax, I think CarMax makes their money on extended warranties, & financing. No, I do not work for CarMax; my dealings have always been great with them. My friends are happy, too; being Bottom Feeders as they are.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
My '18 Scat Pack has popped back up for sale at a dealership and they claim it has a clean CarFax. I got rid of it after discovering the front bumper, shocks, and a strut weren't original to the car because it had clearly been in an unreported accident and I kept getting coolant leaks that FCA couldn't seem to fix. It was fully loaded and I only paid $35k for it, but I couldn't trust the car anymore.

The dealership that has it now wants $40k. Even if it hadn't been plowed into a fence post or whatever the PO did to it, that's almost the price of one new.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Ultimately the value of anything is determined by what someone will pay for it. Who would have guessed that Bitcoin that was worth less than $500 5 years ago would be soaring past $43k today? It seems especially in the wrangler market, that brand new is often cheaper than 1-3 years old if you can talk the dealer down closer to invoice.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My '18 Scat Pack has popped back up for sale at a dealership and they claim it has a clean CarFax. I got rid of it after discovering the front bumper, shocks, and a strut weren't original to the car because it had clearly been in an unreported accident and I kept getting coolant leaks that FCA couldn't seem to fix. It was fully loaded and I only paid $35k for it, but I couldn't trust the car anymore.

The dealership that has it now wants $40k. Even if it hadn't been plowed into a fence post or whatever the PO did to it, that's almost the price of one new.
A few years back I went to look at a 2016 Challenger Scat Pack with 8,000 miles and a clean CarFax, at a Carmax store north of Seattle. Took it out for a test drive. When I got out of the car and walked to the back, I noticed something funny on the rear quarter panel. Upon closer inspection you could see that the entire rear fascia had been replaced and repainted; it was misaligned. The DODGE letters between the tail lights were missing; the exhaust tips were crooked. The car clearly been rear ended. I walked.

In fairness, I doubt the salespeople were aware. But despite Carmax’s promise not to sell cars that have been in accidents, they put the car back on the lot, looking for an unsuspecting buyer.

Goes to show that you can never be too careful buying a used car.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
When I went to dump my POS 2018 JKUR Recon with 8,000 miles, the Toyota dealer offered me $37,000 in trade for a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road.

KBB said my JK was worth between $35,000 and $39,000 in trade. So I took it.

Next thing I know, they have the Jeep parked in the front row listed for $45,000! It sat there for two months without any takers.

By the time Memorial Weekend came, they slashed the price down to $37,000. It sold in a split second.

They got so greedy that in the end they made no money on it. Dealers are just weird.

Good riddance
I always wondered why in 2018 anyone would buy a JK brand new when the JL was available since there's such a big difference between them, particularly in the interior from the 3rd world JK to 1st world JL. Is it price?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
In fairness, I doubt the salespeople were aware. But despite Carmax’s promise not to sell cars that have been in accidents, they put the car back on the lot, looking for an unsuspecting buyer.

Goes to show that you can never be too careful buying a used car.
Yeah, I had no illusions the car was perfect and I wouldn't have cared about just struts or shocks, but learning the front bumper had been replaced and repainted was ultimately the deal breaker. And I had already been under the car twice to do oil changes and didn't even notice these things. It was the dealership that actually shed light on everything.
Sponsored