DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall to hear the conversation between PerTera and Walmart regarding the error.

guess I won’t be getting any special oils 🤷‍♂️
I don't think there has been a conversation, as the price still shows.

I haven't read through all 18 pages of the thread, but one clue as to a problem is that they show a highway tire in the picture for an MT.

Finally, I'll leave with this classic...."If looks too good to be true, it probably is."

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
At least that freed up that $28 for other mods, like a couple grab handles :)

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
You think? There will be ones who think Walmart should honor it and will threaten and try to sue.
Same people who send money to the Nigerian Prince for a $40MM payday!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
You think? There will be ones who think Walmart should honor it and will threaten and try to sue.
Yeah, that's kind of disgusting. People make mistakes. Walmart is run by people. Our world would be MUCH better off if more people would forgive quickly and move on more often.

AuroraStanley

First Name
Aurora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys & a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja.
You’re right, but honestly there would be no point. FS&G; I make epoxy tumblers, & I sometimes use the Built brand 20oz tumblers from Walmart. A few months ago Walmart marked the tumblers down to $2/$3 each from $9/$12... A LOT of makers went to their Walmarts to wipe out whatever was in stock... some Walmarts honored the price, many did not. People were raising hell, calling corporate & if I remember correctly one woman even threatened to call the cops because of “false advertising.” :facepalm: Needless to say, it was all pointless because in the end Walmart had their fine print to fall back on. All that to say, it is what it is & there’s no use in raising a fuss. I knew it was a gamble when I ordered, it was just a gamble I was willing to take & potentially (probably) lose.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't read through all the previous pages but that's something else I forgot to mention. My order was cancelled several times before they finally sent the WRONG tires :) Walmart's been doing this for years. I tried ordering some toyo 35's about 8 years ago and it was this same scam.

It's extremely hard to find any discounts on Toyo tires. At one point I was buying them used off craigslist and local sources because so many people swap their tires with 30% tread remaining. On a Toyo MT that's another 30k miles :LOL:

Last edited:

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
all that effort, they should just buy the tires at retail.

Last person I filed suit against (and won) it still cost me nearly a jeep out of pocket.
Sponsored