Waiting on a special order Wrangler?

BruceFL

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
We ordered our 2021 JLU Rubicon on 5/6. It is White with tan soft top, LED pkg, tow grp, proximity entry, saddle leather, V6/auto. A few days after we ordered, the salesman called to say it had been assigned a VIN# and should start production soon (he would let us know when the build began). We haven't heard anything else until today (6/3) when he called to tell us it is finished and being moved to the transport phase (whatever happened to "I'll let you know when production begins?). He also said that with transport, prep, inspection, and all, it should be ready for delivery by 6/26. That puts total time from order to delivery about 7 weeks (to Florida). We're super excited, and if you're in the process of ordering, this may give you some timeframe to expect. Of course, I'm sure the model and options can make a difference in total timeframes, but this might offer some overall insight.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BruceFL

BruceFL

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Don't blame the dealer, it can go from ready for production to transport very quickly. But you don't need to rely on the dealer. You can look it up yourself. You might want to check if everything looks correct.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/
Thanks! I looked at the tool and can't really figure it out. I requested our VIN from the salesman, and maybe when he sends it, I can plug it in and figure out how the tool works. All I can see from the existing queries are build details, but no indication of where it is in the process. Will probably have more detail when I can track my own build. Thanks again!

OP
OP
BruceFL

BruceFL

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
NEW UPDATE: We have a tentative ETA of the vehicle arriving at the dealer on 6/21 which means we could have delivery by 6/23! It's HAPPENING!

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
That puts total time from order to delivery about 7 weeks (to Florida). We're super excited, and if you're in the process of ordering, this may give you some timeframe to expect.
That is pretty quick, and many people should not expect to be so fortunate.
I ordered mine on 3/17...almost 12 weeks ago. I still haven't taken delivery (although it is supposed to be in transit, finally).

Sponsored

OP
OP
BruceFL

BruceFL

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
That is pretty quick, and many people should not expect to be so fortunate.
I ordered mine on 3/17...almost 12 weeks ago. I still haven't taken delivery (although it is supposed to be in transit, finally).
Great to hear you're finally moving forward! I guess the type of build, options, color, etc. have an impact on overall production time. Correct to advise that all orders are different, and there aren't really any norms.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
We ordered our 2021 JLU Rubicon on 5/6. It is White with tan soft top, LED pkg, tow grp, proximity entry, saddle leather, V6/auto. A few days after we ordered, the salesman called to say it had been assigned a VIN# and should start production soon (he would let us know when the build began). We haven't heard anything else until today (6/3) when he called to tell us it is finished and being moved to the transport phase (whatever happened to "I'll let you know when production begins?). He also said that with transport, prep, inspection, and all, it should be ready for delivery by 6/26. That puts total time from order to delivery about 7 weeks (to Florida). We're super excited, and if you're in the process of ordering, this may give you some timeframe to expect. Of course, I'm sure the model and options can make a difference in total timeframes, but this might offer some overall insight.
We order on the same day 5/6. I also ordered a JLUR. Mine has arrived and is sitting in my driveway now. What option did you order as the more you add the longer it seems to be taking.

OP
OP
BruceFL

BruceFL

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
We order on the same day 5/6. I also ordered a JLUR. Mine has arrived and is sitting in my driveway now. What option did you order as the more you add the longer it seems to be taking.
Jeep Wrangler JL Waiting on a special order Wrangler? 1623030574923

Sponsored

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Out of curiosity, did your progress show up on the tracker used here in the forum (cryptostickers)?
Sponsored