Sponsored

Wait to buy, or buy before inventory is picked through?

Sohm Wan

First Name
Sohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit 2011
yup, happened to me too. waste of time cause they cannot get to the point. i even asked what the point was for the get price was. some do not even know what is on their website. and even after all that, they cant give me an estimate of the total. like smdh. sucks that most of the dealers around me are that annoying.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kcn2vb

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
I live 6+ hours away from the closest one I've found that matches my minimum requirements. Probably not "going in" for test drive, and I would GLADLY accept if Jeep brought some massive incentives.

Found another one with 420 miles on it. We'll see how it goes. I guess that's considered used. Will depend on how it was used, dealer vehicle or something else. Guess what, it's about 9 hours away,

A guy in Connecticut is all the sudden "motivated" even though he has a fully loaded unit with a bunch of options I don't want. Time to balance my patience with this. I guess a few more days won't hurt me.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Some Jeep sites seem to have a glitch (at least one dealer pointed it out to me and I've seen a similar situation on another just now)
Basically it shows your discount, but then stacks on Friends and Family and $1,000 back. Original dealer said it's one or the other, NOT both as it very clearly shown on the website as being.

This new website has MSRP $51,365 - $4,471 = $46,894 internet price - $3,334 and $1,000 for Jeep offers = $42,560
Total of $8,805 off MSRP... we'll see in the morning if that is accurate
I also have a bonus $750 cash allowance card Jeep sent in the mail (haven't read the fine print yet)
Seems strong if real

2nd preferred color, which is fine. Has all the major options, but is missing a couple inexpensive options that I would have gladly paid for which is annoying. No proximity key sensor and no Selec-Tract.

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep Friends and Family Discount is similar to EP or PP pricing if you are familiar with it. It is 1% below invoice pricing and the dealer is reimbursed for the amount under invoice, not the FULL discount. Many dealer websites are also set up to automatically add manufacture rebates as they are released, so when FCA releases specific offers like this it typically shows incorrectly until the dealer fixes it, I would always recommend calling to check for an accurate price before you get your hopes up.

As far as waiting or ordering it is tough to say, these are uncertain times and with production totally stopping I am not sure how that will impact pricing. Dealers with the largest discounts often operate by selling them below profit in hopes of being paid back once they hit their monthly goal, and with a lot of dealers no longer able to do that and as Jeep releases incentives, I would predict that dealers might start reducing their discount trying to offset their losses that they can no longer recoup at the end of the month. If you are interested in a specific color and trim, or option then I would recommend finding one now and taking advantage of the current deals. At the end of the day I don’t see dealers rushing to empty their lots knowing that they will not be receiving any orders for the next few months, we are still taking in trades but we have seen used vehicle begin to take a hit.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Jeep Friends and Family Discount is similar to EP or PP pricing if you are familiar with it. It is 1% below invoice pricing and the dealer is reimbursed for the amount under invoice, not the FULL discount. Many dealer websites are also set up to automatically add manufacture rebates as they are released, so when FCA releases specific offers like this it typically shows incorrectly until the dealer fixes it, I would always recommend calling to check for an accurate price before you get your hopes up.

As far as waiting or ordering it is tough to say, these are uncertain times and with production totally stopping I am not sure how that will impact pricing. Dealers with the largest discounts often operate by selling them below profit in hopes of being paid back once they hit their monthly goal, and with a lot of dealers no longer able to do that and as Jeep releases incentives, I would predict that dealers might start reducing their discount trying to offset their losses that they can no longer recoup at the end of the month. If you are interested in a specific color and trim, or option then I would recommend finding one now and taking advantage of the current deals. At the end of the day I don’t see dealers rushing to empty their lots knowing that they will not be receiving any orders for the next few months, we are still taking in trades but we have seen used vehicle begin to take a hit.
good info to know. That’s probably exactly what I keep seeing happening. Guess without their volume discounts we won’t be seeing those 5-10% MSRP under invoice prices again soon.

Sponsored

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are saying the $42,560 is valid.
$8,805 off MSRP

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'd say be super patient, find JL's you like, only settle for a super good deal if not walk out and try again else where. Dealers are going to be hurting to sell vehicles. The ball is in our court now

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
There’s one by me similar to what I have on order but missing the stick shift and colored top. If they eventually meet my offer, I might take it. But they weren’t hurting enough for it yesterday. And honestly not sure I would be happy at all with an auto.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd say be super patient, find JL's you like, only settle for a super good deal if not walk out and try again else where. Dealers are going to be hurting to sell vehicles. The ball is in our court now
how much better will it really get
This has one of my 2 top colors and is loaded only missing proximity and selec-trac on my wish list, but that combo is non-existent on lots.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like they lied with the confirmation even though I double checked. Now quoting $48k. Glad didn’t drive down. Ridiculous.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
how much better will it really get
This has one of my 2 top colors and is loaded only missing proximity and selec-trac on my wish list, but that combo is non-existent on lots.
Do you have something to drive if you have to wait for the factory to open back up? I understand settling for something on a lot if you can't wait and need something right away to drive. Personally I would wait and order exactly what you want if you can wait. It's not like wheels, tires, or even a top choice. Those options can be added without any problems. You are not getting your first choice color, proximity is a very hard option to add later and you will use it everyday. Selec-Trac is a big one, it's something you can't add later and unique to the Sahara. Selec-Trac would be the only reason I would consider a Sahara. From a third person perspective it seems like you are not getting anything you really want. There is the possibility you will regret not having your first choose color and 2 major options. It's a lot of money in my opinion to settle for something that is not exactly what you want. Personally I would not want to compromise.

Last edited:

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
This is a great time to buy since dealers will readily deal with you easier then normal.. It doesn't mean that really bad offers will be accepted readily but I think if you are rational, most offers will be taken..

I have offered our Jeeps at 5 percent below invoice with tread lightly membership since last July.. its straight and clean and no obligations to buy any accessories or finance at high rates.. Let me know how I can be of service, even if its just to chat.. currently the only thing I am excluding from that offer is the diesels due to poor supply but I do have some very good deals on diesels and again lets talk..

My cell is 954-864-5162 call, text or email at [email protected]

Thank you,
Rob Trachtman
Fleet Manager
Coastline Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
32881 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, Ca 92675
www.coastlinecdjr.com

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have something to drive if you have to wait for the factory to open back up? I understand settling for something on a lot if you can't wait and need something right away to drive. Personally I would wait and order exactly what you want if you can wait. It's not like wheels, tires, or even a top choice. Those options can be added without any problems. You are not getting your first choice color, proximity is a very hard option to add later and you will use it everyday. Selec-Trac is a big one, it's something you can't add later and unique to the Sahara. The Selec-Trac is the one option that is unique to the Sahara. Selec-Trac would be the only reason I would consider a Sahara. From a third person perspective it seems like you are not getting anything you really want. There is the possibility you will regret not having your first choose color and 2 major options. It's a lot of money in my opinion to settle for something that is not exactly what you want. Personally I would not want to compromise.
Thanks. I have a 2004 Acura TL that will likely last another 5 years... runs great. I don't HAVE to purchase.
My son is older (sold my 2005 LJ) when he was born and was more a fun item that we could take on the beach, light off road in, etc. Fun over necessity and summer is coming up fast. I do keep cars a long time.
Seems like you should get better deals of cars sitting on the lot (though I could be wrong).
Also happy to take a lightly used, but since they are so new... very hard to find a used sky one touch Jeep. Had found an awesome used one at a great price, but it was white and I couldn't pull the trigger. Hopefully more coming to market soon?

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
This is a great time to buy since dealers will readily deal with you easier then normal.. It doesn't mean that really bad offers will be accepted readily but I think if you are rational, most offers will be taken..

I have offered our Jeeps at 5 percent below invoice with tread lightly membership since last July.. its straight and clean and no obligations to buy any accessories or finance at high rates.. Let me know how I can be of service, even if its just to chat.. currently the only thing I am excluding from that offer is the diesels due to poor supply but I do have some very good deals on diesels and again lets talk..

My cell is 954-864-5162 call, text or email at [email protected]

Thank you,
Rob Trachtman
Fleet Manager
Coastline Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
32881 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, Ca 92675
www.coastlinecdjr.com
Got any 2-dr manual unicorns - I mean rubicons? :)

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Phoenix dealers have been slow in getting JL Diesels onto their lots. In early January I asked a salesperson (that I've bought from before) to let me know when one arrives so I can test drive it. I just noticed (online) that they have several in stock now, but no contact from the salesperson. Seems like they'd be pouring through old leads to find potential customers.

That said, I'm looking to order a 2021, so I'm not in enough of a hurry to get into a strange vehicle with the pandemic exposure everywhere.
Sponsored