Wait, this isn't the mall. Saharas off road

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Since we’re mostly Sahara’s here, any of you near St. George, Utah and want a free set of American Adventure Lab high line fender brackets?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Not a trail or anything you couldn't do in any other vehicle, but still scenic and far from the mall.
I was out at the lake today, and decided to do quick photo shoot. Here's just a few shots I took.
19 7-19 (6) resize.jpg

19 7-19 (9) resize.jpg

19 7-19 (13) resize.jpg

19 7-19 (7) resize.jpg

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
@YYCSahara Silver is the best color! It was the last color I would have bought, but the wife said it looks classy and my daughter agreed. Now I like it because I don’t see many. Love the white walls facing out @Shots

FiveMagics

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta (Used to have an ‘03 TJ, awaiting opportunity to get a JL)
Great thread, I’d love to see more built Saharas!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
@YYCSahara Silver is the best color! It was the last color I would have bought, but the wife said it looks classy and my daughter agreed. Now I like it because I don’t see many. Love the white walls facing out @Shots
Thanks.

Funny you mention silver not being a color you would have bought. I was never a huge fan of silver vehicles either. Until I I was looking to buy a Power Wagon and saw a silver one, that changed. Something about silver with black trim and a few color accents just screamed hell yeah. That bumped silver to the top of my list when it came time to order the JL.
I really liked mojito too, but when I ordered mine the color was on hold, and they weren't sure it was coming back (something about matching issues). I could either try to find a mojito that had the options I wanted, or pick another color. As you can tell, my jeep isn't green. :).

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Gary, the Jeep looks good. I'd like to add a rubi hood too. One of the "someday" mods.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Gary, the Jeep looks good. I'd like to add a rubi hood too. One of the "someday" mods.

Keep an eye out at Mopar parts right now you have to buy the parts separately meaning the hood, fake vents and blanket, my understanding is Mopar will be packaging this soon at a better price. Also as others with Rubicons go to aftermarket hoods watch for "take offs", there was just one on the forum for $500

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
Kinda new here, please help me learn about the Badge of Honor Program. Tried to search, with no success.

Thanks,

Don

edit: Think I found the Badge of Honor section in the forums section. D

Last edited:

Sponsored

harleypap57

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Occupation
Flight Communications for Medical Helicopter
Vehicle Showcase
Let see some Saharas off the pavement!!!

Yesterday I drove with my top off for the first time. I had just finished my making some adjustments to my hoist install, so I wanted to take the top off to retest. Since it was off I decided to go for a drive. Without having anywhere in mind I figured why not take my Jeep off the pavement for the first time too.
I didn't do any serious wheeling, or anything like that, but it's now been topless and off road. That's a good day.
I found a nearby trail and went for a drive. The trail is basically an old access trail by a local lake. It's gravel in some parts, but in others is just a trail between the trees. More than anything it's just a hilly rough path through the woods, but enough that it was fun. According to my EVIC, the steepest grade was 8° while the roll was showing 3°. It sure felt a lot steeper than that from seat, but doing this a vehicle so small is new to me (I've had Rams off road many times).
I didn't get a lot of photos, because it was just me and my wife. I know, never off-road alone. My excuse to myself is that this wasn't really "off-roading" and I have a friend about 10 minutes away with a heavily modified Jeep who could have come bailed us out (this "trail" would probably bore him so I didn't call to see if he'd want to come along).
Anyway, back to the point. I was thinking about Wranglers in general, as I was doing this. People joke all the time about the Sahara being a mall crawler, and for the most part they're probably right. This was likely the most extreme thing my Jeep will see. However, I know guys/gals out there, are doing much more than this with the Sahara. Heck, with as fun as that was I may start looking at other trails (with a friend along this time).
So lets see these mall crawlers off the asphalt. Here's a few photos I did manage to take to get things started.
1st trip off pavement (3) resize.jpg
1st trip off pavement (5) resize.jpg
1st trip off pavement (11) resize.jpg
Our 2018 JLU Sahara at Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, TN. during a weekend of wheeling in March 2019. We've completed all three Badge of Honor trails at Windrock since March of this year.

FB_IMG_1553084685346.jpg

hogpowr

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Mechanically a Sahara is equivalent to a sport? Right?

I
Unless the buyer chose the full time all wheel drive option. So I expected much more built, (lifted/big tire etc), Jeeps I’m here...

Shenanigunz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Mechanically a Sahara is equivalent to a sport? Right?

I
Unless the buyer chose the full time all wheel drive option. So I expected much more built, (lifted/big tire etc), Jeeps I’m here...
I think there is a difference with the rear diff options with the Sahara. I did not opt for the LSD, only the upgraded tire package and mine has a D44 rear end. it might have to do with mine being manual rather than automatic tho, and not a Sahara vs Sport thing, all I know is I got a D44 without paying for it as an option.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
All these are photoshopped. Everyone knows that only Rubicons can go offroad.

Have a 2015 Sahara that has a lift and all - no LSD or selec-trac - just BLD. Unstoppable on most trails.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Here are a couple of my Modded Black Sahara in the wild (do not be confused by the Rubicon hood I added that this is a Sahara)

IMG_0719_zpsktyan3ir.jpg

IMG_0742%201_zpswcizdiqh.jpg

IMG_0738_zpszuwtr0my.jpg

mirrors%204_zpsvkik7ier.jpg
What rails and steps are those? Great looking Sahara!!
Sponsored