Sponsored

Wait or purchase right now??

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
$43,264.74. this is the net price they gave me.
The invoice price is $41,143.
The MSRP is $43,005
If I want to bargain, will 15% off MSRP be possible?
Notice someone get the car with 13% off MSRP
Some left over 2018 and 2019s were sold with more incentives. You have to remember those left over '18s and '19s have 1-2 years of depreciation even though they were brand new. You could save a little money on those up front but the additional incentives did not cover the actual depreciation at the back end. The only way that made sense is if you plan on keeping the Wrangler a long time. Long enough so the depreciation does not matter. All Willys are 2020 models. Even in this economy it's very rare to find better then a true 6%-under invoice without additional restricted incentives. Incentives like military, disabled, etc. What is showing up is Direct Marketing Cash and 0%. You should be very happy to get honest 6%-under invoice on a 2020. Any additional cash would be a bonus.

To answer your question about 15% off MSRP on a Willys? All Willys are 2020 models. I have not seen many, if any, cash rebates on a 2020 other then maybe Direct Marketing and 0% which you can't take advantage of. You really need to work off of invoice because percentages off MSRP are different for different models depending on how much margin there is. More options equals more profit which equals more margin.

I believe there is still around $600 profit in the price you got. That's taking into consideration the $500 marketing cash. You should be around $38,175 + $300 doc + $301 new plates. +$25 electronic plate fee. Plus actual Chicago and Cook county taxes.

No offense. I am being realistic so you don't waste time. This Willys is about $4K over your budget. You definitely will NOT be able to buy this Willys for your initial target price of $38K all-in, out the door. NO WAY. I suggest you look for something else if $38K OTD is your max budget.

Good luck finding something!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shack

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
market trend analysis shows more shopping, which generally suggests sales increases are coming. If you want to take advantage of slow sales numbers influencing pricing you should do it within the next few weeks.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Not to mention inflation will be on the horizon. Dollars will not buy as much after printing so much.

OP
OP
bio86250

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys, 2022 JL Willys Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Some left over 2018 and 2019s were sold with more incentives. You have to remember those left over '18s and '19s have 1-2 years of depreciation even though they were brand new. You could save a little money on those up front but the additional incentives did not cover the actual depreciation at the back end. The only way that made sense is if you plan on keeping the Wrangler a long time. Long enough so the depreciation does not matter. All Willys are 2020 models. Even in this economy it's very rare to find better then a true 6%-under invoice without additional restricted incentives. Incentives like military, disabled, etc. What is showing up is Direct Marketing Cash and 0%. You should be very happy to get honest 6%-under invoice on a 2020. Any additional cash would be a bonus.

To answer your question about 15% off MSRP on a Willys? All Willys are 2020 models. I have not seen many, if any, cash rebates on a 2020 other then maybe Direct Marketing and 0% which you can't take advantage of. You really need to work off of invoice because percentages off MSRP are different for different models depending on how much margin there is. More options equals more profit which equals more margin.

I believe there is still around $600 profit in the price you got. That's taking into consideration the $500 marketing cash. You should be around $38,175 + $300 doc + $301 new plates. +$25 electronic plate fee. Plus actual Chicago and Cook county taxes.

No offense. I am being realistic so you don't waste time. This Willys is about $4K over your budget. You definitely will NOT be able to buy this Willys for your initial target price of $38K all-in, out the door. NO WAY. I suggest you look for something else if $38K OTD is your max budget.

Good luck finding something!
Thank you Nick, tremendous work! I decided to go for the factory order.

OP
OP
bio86250

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

market trend analysis shows more shopping, which generally suggests sales increases are coming. If you want to take advantage of slow sales numbers influencing pricing you should do it within the next few weeks.
Guess I'm gonna hurry, thank you!

Sponsored

OP
OP
bio86250

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hi everyone, Chicago got a beautiful day! I just got the quote of order from Napleton Dodge Chrysler. So it's just a little practice, I will place my order with Jason Beltran from Hawk Jeep eventually(Thank you @viper88). To make sure my calculation is correct and not receiving any BS fee. Base on my count, this quote is only a 2%off below invoice, right? Thank you all

See the attachments below, there are quote and a price sheet I made.

Attachments

OP
OP
bio86250

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hi, guys I just walk out the Hawk CDJR.
Here is what I built: Willys/ 2D/ manual/ technology pkg

They offered me OTD $38,000 or OTD $38,700 Mopar accessories hood lock&fuel cap lock.

They didn't let me take a photo of the breakdown list, yet the price they gave me is pretty close to 6%. Base my calculation, the OTD for 6%off invoice will be $38,130. They didn't let me use the TL discount, either.

Any suggestion? Should I continue to bargain? Thank you all?

IMG_8497.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
bio86250

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Guys, I just want to thank you all. I finished my purchase with Jason; he gave me a deal that I couldn't imagine. He is straight, no games, like everyone said. In short, he is the best! If anyone has a plan on making a purchase. Jason B. is your best bet. I can't wait to see my Willys!

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Guys, I just want to thank you all. I finished my purchase with Jason; he gave me a deal that I couldn't imagine. He is straight, no games, like everyone said. In short, he is the best! If anyone has a plan on making a purchase. Jason B. is your best bet. I can't wait to see my Willys!
Congrats on your purchase. There are a lot of numbers on that spec sheet. If you don’t mind sharing, what was your final price?

Sponsored

OP
OP
bio86250

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Congrats on your purchase. There are a lot of numbers on that spec sheet. If you don’t mind sharing, what was your final price?
I spent OTD $37900 on my factory ordering. the invoice price was $36,489 Jason gave me a 7%off invoice below and Tread Lightly included.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
You have to remember those left over '18s and '19s have 1-2 years of depreciation
If I was buying 1 or 2 model years past I would want some significant discount. However go on cars.com and see what the prices are for new 2019, or for used 2018 or 2019. Most used listing that I find in my area are higher than the similar new 2020 vehicles. And if I go back to 2016 or 2017 JKU, there is very little savings over the price of a new 2020.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
I'm waiting til October/November

2021 production will be fully ramped then.
Sponsored