Sponsored

Wait for my order? Need your opinions......

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I just received an update this evening that my 11/13 order finally has an estimated ship date of 5/19. However, I’ve pretty much decided to pass and take an in-transit High-Tide Edition instead.

When making this decision I compared both vehicles standard and option pkgs, or the options I ordered. The High-Tide has everything I ordered except the tow pkg and the dual top group. It also doesn’t have leather seats that the Sahara Altitude has.

However, the High-Tide does have the Xtreme Recon pkg, rock sliders, 4.56 gears and lift from the factory. The High-Tide is the same color as my order & will cost about $4k more than my order. So I’m giving up the premium soft top & tow pkg but gaining the Xtreme Recon pkg. I can add the tow pkg & soft Top after the fact for less than I can add the Xtreme Recon components is how I look at it.
Sponsored

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
I haven't been paying much attention to this stuff but; my local dealer is a ghost town... and its no small dealer. How long does everyone have to wait? .... and yes, wait for it!

... and don't tell me supply chain. :facepalm:

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Your two months out. If you are that impatient then what you ordered wasn't really that important. Unless it was.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I rarely use the heated seats in my Wrangler.........and I live in Minnesota. But my wife loves to have the heat on the passenger seat whenever she rides along in the cold. Each individual is different.

What is the first thing you see when you walk up to your Jeep? The color. You can't unsee it. You see that color on the hood while sitting in the drivers seat. You notice the color on the inside of the doors. When you leave your Wrangler and look back as you walk away, what do you see? The color.

So, if you have a particular color you love you'll be happier by getting your Jeep in that color. If getting a certain color means little to you or if you're color blind, get any color.

I won't mention the colors but there are some that I dislike, immensely. Others LOVE those same colors. Get what you can live with day in and day out.

HeygirlHey

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Snazzberry Sahara Altitude (on order)
I rarely use the heated seats in my Wrangler.........and I live in Minnesota. But my wife loves to have the heat on the passenger seat whenever she rides along in the cold. Each individual is different.

What is the first thing you see when you walk up to your Jeep? The color. You can't unsee it. You see that color on the hood while sitting in the drivers seat. You notice the color on the inside of the doors. When you leave your Wrangler and look back as you walk away, what do you see? The color.

So, if you have a particular color you love you'll be happier by getting your Jeep in that color. If getting a certain color means little to you or if you're color blind, get any color.

I won't mention the colors but there are some that I dislike, immensely. Others LOVE those same colors. Get what you can live with day in and day out.
I'm in NC and I've been using heated seats more than I thought I would considering it's April - I'll turn on heated seats and wheel before I turn on the inside heat for quick drives sometimes, not having them wouldn't have been a deal-breaker - but you like what you like. The BIGGEST issue is I don't think I could forgo HV Yellow for Sting Gray. I'd always feel a pang of regret seeing a flashy bright jeep. I feel like you ordered that color, because you want that bright fun. No matter what comes inside, you really still can't justify Rubi + better options against the color you want (that's why you posted). I say wait that out. I HOPE it gets to you before summer ends and you can really enjoy it! Most people who order by color and have the excruciating wait are sticking it out because they want their color. There are soooo many gray jeeps on the road here (prob where you are also), but most of the jeep colors are just great. I searched high and low for a purple wrangler before ordering Snazzberry. I still get a pang in my heart when people speculate it's time for a new purple to come out again, because I know I'm going to want it! :CWL:

Sponsored

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now

These are all great points. Color is important to me but I didn’t realize to what degree until I took possession of my ordered Jeep.. Like you, I had a shot at a used version with exactly everything I wanted but not in a color I would choose (white). I recommend hanging in there with your order. You won’t regret it, especially on those cold winter mornings.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
Oh, don't settle and choose long-term dissatisfaction over short-term discomfort: this is a thing you'll live with indefinitely (not to mention the cost of it). I'm a fan of getting exactly what I want at a price I'm willing to pay.

Color is a deal-breaker for me: I have to love the color to even consider a vehicle and I'm partial to bright, unusual colors for my vehicles. (I like Jeep's yellows and would order HV were I to order today.)

I expected a 6-month wait when I ordered and that's how long it took and it was worth every minute. I've only had it a week-and-a-half and I can't even remember the wait, it feels so long ago already.

For towing, the Gladiator Sport S has the max tow capability, not the other trims, so you probably picked the best option for it. (I have a Lance 1575 on order and am aware that the Rubi's squishiness isn't the best choice for towing)

Try to offset the wait with anticipation. Also, there are a billion accessories to sift through that you may want to get a start now if you haven't already...

OP
OP
22hvjeepgirl

22hvjeepgirl

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (ordered)
Occupation
Teacher
Oh, don't settle and choose long-term dissatisfaction over short-term discomfort: this is a thing you'll live with indefinitely (not to mention the cost of it). I'm a fan of getting exactly what I want at a price I'm willing to pay.

Color is a deal-breaker for me: I have to love the color to even consider a vehicle and I'm partial to bright, unusual colors for my vehicles. (I like Jeep's yellows and would order HV were I to order today.)

I expected a 6-month wait when I ordered and that's how long it took and it was worth every minute. I've only had it a week-and-a-half and I can't even remember the wait, it feels so long ago already.

For towing, the Gladiator Sport S has the max tow capability, not the other trims, so you probably picked the best option for it. (I have a Lance 1575 on order and am aware that the Rubi's squishiness isn't the best choice for towing)

Try to offset the wait with anticipation. Also, there are a billion accessories to sift through that you may want to get a start now if you haven't already...
Oh, I've already ordered a couple things!!! The bright color is big for me too. I totally agree. The wait will be worth it. Thanks for the input. Fingers crossed it's coming soon!!

OP
OP
22hvjeepgirl

22hvjeepgirl

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (ordered)
Occupation
Teacher
Wait and have a great looking, unique HV with the options you want.

Look at it this way, you are most likely more than half way to the goal line. Look at stuff you want to get for it, order something now and then and when it arrives it will feel like a small win.

Before you know it you will get "the call" and have your own, new, virtually untouched ride. And the window sticker will have ur name on it.

Good luck!
Oh, I've already ordered a couple things and they are sitting in my garage! Trying to hold off buying any more!!!! LOL
Sponsored