First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
922CD6F2-99BB-4881-9954-F19DA0188B07.jpeg
Daily driver with a fare amount of commuting and weekend warrior in the mountains. Currently on stock 33” KO2s with Mopar lift. teraflex steering stabilizer going on this weekend (free from Jeep ;). Warn rear bumper and tire carrier going on this weekend also.
Do not want to re-gear.
Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Mopar lift is a bit too high for 35s to look good - otherwise I'd 100% suggest 35s. That said, 37s will start to sting a bit with the stock gearing, but will look great with what is effectively a 3" lift. Still fine as a driver, but the performance impact will be more notable.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar lift is a bit too high for 35s to look good - otherwise I'd 100% suggest 35s. That said, 37s will start to sting a bit with the stock gearing, but will look great with what is effectively a 3" lift. Still fine as a driver, but the performance impact will be more notable.
The weight difference between the two in KO2 is pretty small.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I say 37’s! the KO2’s are on the smaller and lighter side of the scale, so I think that would be perfect, even as a daily driver.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
37’s with the mopar lift.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I run Grapplers in 37’s as a daily and drive over 100 miles a day at times. It is a bit heavier of a tire and wheel (AEV borahs) then what you would be going with and not a second of my drive ever do I wish I went with 35’s.

I think with the 35’s you would always think... man I wish I would have just went with the 37’s...

But maybe not... who knows, it’s really up to you and what you feel you want and will make you happy.

Not sure who you are purchasing your tires from but I think Discount tire will mount the 37’s and if you decide you are not happy after driving on the 37’s for a little bit they will switch them out for the 35’s.
It’s worth asking about if you just can’t decide.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I run Grapplers in 37’s as a daily and drive over 100 miles a day at times. It is a bit heavier of a tire and wheel (AEV borahs) then what you would be going with and not a second of my drive ever do I wish I went with 35’s.

I think with the 35’s you would always think... man I wish I would have just went with the 37’s...

But maybe not... who knows, it’s really up to you and what you feel you want and will make you happy.

Not sure who you are purchasing your tires from but I think Discount tire will mount the 37’s and if you decide you are not happy after driving on the 37’s for a little bit they will switch them out for the 35’s.
It’s worth asking about if you just can’t decide
This sounds like a great option. If your tire shop agrees to it, try it and see how you like it. Nice.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I voted 35's. The key delineators were Daily Driver and Fare amount of commuting. You can thank me later.
Exactly.

Granted, mine has 3.45 gear ratio, but just going from stock to 34" KO2s resulted in a 10% decrease in fuel economy for me, and that's over 9,000 miles of hand calculations to get a trend line.

My guess is going from stock Rubicon tires (which are only 0.25" taller than stock Sport tires) to a 37" KO2 without regearing is going to decimate your fuel mileage, and since you specifically said this is a daily driver and commuter Jeep, that seems like a really bad idea to me.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Exactly.

Granted, mine has 3.45 gear ratio, but just going from stock to 34" KO2s resulted in a 10% decrease in fuel economy for me, and that's over 9,000 miles of hand calculations to get a trend line.

My guess is going from stock Rubicon tires (which are only 0.25" taller than stock Sport tires) to a 37" KO2 without regearing is going to decimate your fuel mileage, and since you specifically said this is a daily driver and commuter Jeep, that seems like a really bad idea to me.
The Mopar 2" already gave his mpg a beating, so he may be ok with that. My only issue is the Mopar 2" is really a 3" lift, and it starts to make 35" tires look small, I just don't know if he's going to want to go that route, even if it is the better option for his intended use, on an aesthetic level alone.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar 2" already gave his mpg a beating, so he may be ok with that. My only issue is the Mopar 2" is really a 3" lift, and it starts to make 35" tires look small, I just don't know if he's going to want to go that route, even if it is the better option for his intended use, on an aesthetic level alone.
Fuel economy is not unimportant, but off-road performance and looks are more important....

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
With the Gobi rack, lift, warn bumpers and winch I am at 15mph average. I don't want to go a lot lower than 13 mpg.

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
If it were my rig and this was my daily, I wouldn't go above 35". If it was weekend fun-mobile, 37's all day.

If you have some fellow local JL buddies running 35's and or 37's, see if they'll allow you to try on their shoes. Last thing you want to do is spend that kind of cash and then regret it. Try before you buy.
Sponsored