David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Actually uses a fuse tap for ignition. Then there is a switch on the unit itself that you set to ignition control. You can choose ignition control or not.
That's what I said.
Sponsored

yaniv05

First Name
Yaniv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I got the switch because of the install location. Very easy to install. But I am having an issue and don't know how to solve it. I hope someone has a solution.

When the Jeep's ESS turns the Jeep off and on, the switch also turns off and on. Has anyone experience this? I tried without the Trigger cable and with the trigger cable. Same results.
I got a suggestion from another member to connect the positive to the N1 fuse. Any suggestions?

Thanks

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

I got the switch because of the install location. Very easy to install. But I am having an issue and don't know how to solve it. I hope someone has a solution.

When the Jeep's ESS turns the Jeep off and on, the switch also turns off and on. Has anyone experience this? I tried without the Trigger cable and with the trigger cable. Same results.
I got a suggestion from another member to connect the positive to the N1 fuse. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Did you ever figure this out? I'm going to install my JL300 switch today or tomorrow.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

yaniv05

First Name
Yaniv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
OP had a couple threads going on the same issue.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...restarts-with-ess-restart.62040/#post-1329109

He had the LVCO active and when the rig went into the ESS event the voltage was below the threshold for the switch turned off. When the rig restarted from the ESS the voltage rose and the switch activated.

Yes. If you turn off the LVCO it works perfectly. I have been talking with the people at Voswith. I will update the tread when I hear from them. At the moment, just turn the LVCO off and you won't have any issues.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S, Bright White, Freedom Pkg
Gladiator install video shows good details.

ericcofer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Does anyone have the install instructions for this switch? Not sure why I can't find it anywhere online. Thanks in advance.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Yes. If you turn off the LVCO it works perfectly. I have been talking with the people at Voswith. I will update the tread when I hear from them. At the moment, just turn the LVCO off and you won't have any issues.
How do you turn off the LVCO?

Sponsored

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
sorry had buddy install it cause he’s my electronics guy. Goes through firewall into engine compartment
Hey Ray,
You mention it went through firewall. Any idea if your buddy ran it through the Driver side cowl and under the windshield like the video shows or did it actually go through the engine compartment firewall?

Also does anyone know how the install goes if the Aux switches (from factory) are already there? I'm guessing the Aux switch bank is just removed and replaced? What does one do with the Aux wiring that is already there and that runs from the Aux switches to the engine bay? Do the wires just "pop off" the back of the Aux switch bank? and I assume just leave in place where they lie?
Thanks

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey Ray,
You mention it went through firewall. Any idea if your buddy ran it through the Driver side cowl and under the windshield like the video shows or did it actually go through the engine compartment firewall?

Also does anyone know how the install goes if the Aux switches (from factory) are already there? I'm guessing the Aux switch bank is just removed and replaced? What does one do with the Aux wiring that is already there and that runs from the Aux switches to the engine bay? Do the wires just "pop off" the back of the Aux switch bank? and I assume just leave in place where they lie?
Thanks
through the firewall that comes out under the dash.

yaniv05

First Name
Yaniv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I got a replacement board fro my switch. Now, it works perfectly. I doesn't restart when the ESS turns the jeep off when stop. I have the LVCO on and everything is working fine.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Subscribed. The JL300 has been on my todo list.
Sponsored