David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Tonight I went to turn on my driving lights through my JL200 Voswitch and the panel just flashes. No results Googling. Any one see this before?
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No, but check the connections in the switchbox. Before i installed mine, i noticed that the panel wire was loose. Might be that? Check that, jiggle wires, then possibly contact them..?

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
No, but check the connections in the switchbox. Before i installed mine, i noticed that the panel wire was loose. Might be that? Check that, jiggle wires, then possibly contact them..?
Hope OP is resolved as my reply is late.., but hope this helps future searches... Mine did the same after install, and didn't resolve after a battery disconnect either. Fixed using the reset switch inside the box.., not sure if it was because my first install, but look for the reset switch inside the box.

OP
OP

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I did figure this out. I have a resettable circuit breaker under the hood between the battery and the VoSwitch. The height of the circuit breaker is just high enough that the hood insulation was pushing down the button to trip the circuit breaker. It must have been enough to separate the contacts and cause high resistance but not enough to trip the breaker. I cut a little section of the hood insulation so it didn't push down on the button.

Damn thing would work when the hood was up and I was testing but then would freak out when driving and trying to use it. Took awhile but finally figured it out and its been good to go since.

Classic case of OE.
Sponsored