Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
The board's had many good posts on acceptable voltage ranges while the rig is running. It seems most have to do with concerns over too much voltage in the batteries than to little.

When my rig wouldn't go into ESS after several months of ownership I began trickle charging it while parked on my driveway and the problem went away. I figure I'll have the system looked at when I need to bring the rig in for an oil change anyway.

Up until now I've, in my head, written this problem off to my dual camera's power draw in parking mode. This camera is set to stop recording in parking mode at 12.4 volts: the highest voltage setting--should its draw bring the battery down to this voltage.

Yesterday I watched the voltage as the ESS engaged at a stop....low 12 volts, high 11 volts.

Q: What battery's voltage is shown during an ESS event? I'd think the small battery as the large one is isolated during these events.

Q: Is this normal? I mean the rig has certainly re-cranked itself quickly during in ESS event when the air conditioning was turned on during the warmer months, and presumably it never would have engaged if the small battery lacked power in the first place--and still more, the rig cranks fine.

Thanks.
Sponsored