Sponsored

Volant Cold Air Intake with Power Core

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Anyone have one of these. I bought one to install on the 3.6. Bought it for the Donaldsone Power Core Filter. Their nanofiber membrane filters are better for trapping smaller particles. I have them my other Grand Cherokee and my SRT.

Also have the planar drop ins on my WJ and Durango when Amsoil offered them.

Hope to install it this weekend.
Sponsored

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
nice! Please update with pics and links... even if still uninstalled :)

OP
OP
VNT

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Installed this weekend. Only PITA is fitting the IAT sensor into the rubber grommet on the intake tube, they need to enlarge the ID of the grommet a hair, I sprayed some silicont on the grommet and inserted it, before the grommet kept popping out.

Also I wiped the TB bore by cracking the throttle plate since I had everything apart. I need to get my Mishomito catch can on next. jeep has 2700 miles on it

The Donaldson filter is why I bought this, basically for the better filtration. It does sound awesome when you give it some throttle, actually sounds really good, this is the wifeys Jeep and she asked why I bought this, note have one on her Hemi overland and on my SRT.
Anyhow she had a nice smile when we took it for a ride(first time with the T-tops off, finally reached 60 degrees out) and I gave it some throttle :)

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1438.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

No Bamboozle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2005 BMW M3
Never seen / heard of this but it looks like a solid setup. That filter is really interesting!

OP
OP
VNT

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Donaldson makes these for diesels heavy construction equipment, their nanofiber membrane is what stands out.

Sponsored

TylerR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I had a Volant on my 07 Nissan Titan with the powercore filter and it was awesome. Think they rate it up to 100k miles and no maintenance. I would remove it every 15k and tap the bugs out, but that's it. A Volant is on my list, but the stock filter for the JL is pretty thick and if I'm doing any offroading I'll likely be changing filters more often. If you use your jeep for mostly on road this upgrade is awesome, but there's no way I'd trust any paper filter for 100k of offroad use. Looks amazing, I miss mine.

Jlmoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Rubicon
Had one on my 13' JK

Sold to my cousin and currently with around 120K miles.. No issues and performs great.

Got one for my JL first thing

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Donaldson makes these for diesels heavy construction equipment, their nanofiber membrane is what stands out.
Thoughts on how this would pair up with an axle back exhaust (have a Borla Touring - the quieter version of the three offered)? This would be my first delve into a CAI for the sound. The dealer here was offering free installs on any Mopar accessory purchased by them but I’m not too keen on having my hood cut (even by them) but their cut-out is a truly functional one it looks like.

OP
OP
VNT

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The volant intake is a 1 beer in difficulty for install. As far as sound, on the Wifes Sahara, when you get on it, you will hear the intake, but with the muffler delete, it is mostly the exhaust you will hear. My guess is any intake will give you some sound when you step on it , but be fairly quiet when cruising.

Maybe you should look into the S&b , could buy the cold air vent kit for the Rubicon.
https://www.sbfilters.com/jeep-scoops

I want to see if the donaldson filter from Volant would fit in the S&B kit, maybe then could use their scoops for a ram air.
This would be for my Rubican, have the stock intake currently.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
The volant intake is a 1 beer in difficulty for install. As far as sound, on the Wifes Sahara, when you get on it, you will hear the intake, but with the muffler delete, it is mostly the exhaust you will hear. My guess is any intake will give you some sound when you step on it , but be fairly quiet when cruising.

Maybe you should look into the S&b , could buy the cold air vent kit for the Rubicon.

I want to see if the donaldson filter from Volant would fit in the S&B kit, maybe then could use their scoops for a ram air.
Thanks! Do you have a video/sound clip of the Volant on the Rubicon by chance?

Sponsored

OP
OP
VNT

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
VNT

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Looked into this, from the S&B site the flange on the filters they use are 4.5" diameter, From the Volant site the flange on the Donaldson Power Core are 6" diameter, so no go on using a PowerCore on the S&B CAI with the ram air from there scoops.

Will probably buy another Volant so I can get the power core and maybe the S&B scoops to open up the Hood and vent the heat.
Sponsored